OHIOBOBCATS.COM
Ohio's Peden Stadium

Peden Stadium

Peden Stadium A-Z Fan Guide
Peden Stadium Seating Diagram 
Parking 

Ohio's Peden Stadium, named after former Bobcat head coach Don Peden, was built at a cost of $185,000 and was dedicated in 1929 with a 14-0 victory over Miami. As Ohio's coach from 1924-46, Peden led his teams to 121 wins in 178 games, a record that still stands as the school's best.

In its 77th season hosting the Bobcats, the stadium underwent an ambitious makeover in 2005. The athletic training facility was renovated and expanded to include a state-of-the-art hydrotherapy room. Meeting space on the second floor was expanded and improved with the football industry's most advanced and innovative digital video technology to better assist in the areas of scouting, game film analysis and game preparation. A team auditorium where the entire team can gather and be addressed by Coach Solich was built to aid in communication between players and coaches.

In 2001, a $2.8 million project removed the track, lowered the playing surface and increased the capacity to 24,000. Approximately 2,000 lower-level, bleacherback seats - called the Phillips Club - were added to bring fans closer to the action. Landscaping enhancements created seating for the Marching 110 at the north end zone and Victory Hill, a grass berm for overflow seating, at the south end of the field. A FieldTurf surface was installed in 2002, and in 2003, an upgraded scoreboard featuring a large video screen for replays and graphics was added.

In addition to the stadium itself, the facility also contains locker rooms for the football, track, field hockey and lacrosse programs, plus equipment and training rooms. The Carin Center, Ohio's strength and conditioning facility, was dedicated on Nov. 12, 1999.

The stadium's tower, built in phases from 1989 to 1992, houses the football offices, athletic training facilities, team meeting rooms and the athletics department's academic services division.

The Phillips Academic Services Center is located on the fourth floor of the tower, meaning football student-athletes have the computer and tutoring facilities readily available to them.