Final Score: Northern Illinois 24, Ohio 21
Location: DeKalb, Ill. (Huskie Stadium)
Records: Ohio 3-3 (1-1 MAC) Northern Illinois (4-3, 4-0 MAC)
Ohio Captains: Javon Hagan, Nathan Rourke, Kylan Nelson and Evan Croutch
Weather: Temperature: 49• Wind: S 15 MPH • Conditions: Sunny
- Fourteenth-year head coach Frank Solich is now 100-74 all-time at Ohio and 158-93 in his career.
- Solich is now 65-41 all-time in Mid-American Conference games.
- Under Solich, Ohio is now 3-3 all-time against NIU.
- The Bobcats are now 10-12 all-time against NIU.
- The 3-0 first quarter marked the lowest-scoring first quarter Ohio has been involved in this season.
- The 9-7 halftime score marked the lowest-scoring first half Ohio has been involved in this season.
- Redshirt freshman wide receiver Isiah Cox (Jasper, Ala.) recorded a 70-yard reception in the second quarter -- the longest of his career.
- The Bobcats' scoring drive in the second quarter went 92 yards, which marked the team's longest of the season.
- Redshirt senior running back A.J. Ouellette's (Covington, Ohio) scored his fifth rushing touchdown of the year in the second quarter and his sixth total touchdown of the season. Ouellette needs two more rusing touchdowns to match his 2017 mark.
- Cox's 56-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter was the longest of his career.
- Cox's 147 yards receiving yards is a career-high.
- Cox also became the third different receiver to register over 100 yards this season (White and Odom).
- Redshirt senior tight end Connor Brown's (Miamisburg, Ohio) in the third quarter was the first of the season and the first of Brown's career.
- Brown's touchdown was also the first touchdown by an Ohio tight end this season.
- The NIU defense forced the Bobcats to turn the ball over three times.
- Rourke finished the game 15-of-23 for 275 yards, two touchdowns and one interception.
- Cox finished the game with a career-high 147 yards on three catches with a touchdown.
- Redshirt senior wide receiver Papi White (Seminole, Okla.) finished the game with 59 yards on six receptions.
- Redshirt senior running back Maleek Irons (Chilliwack, British Columbia) led the way with 30 yards on 11 attempts.
- Ouellette finished the game on a touchdown on 11 carries.
- The Ohio defense allowed only nine points in the first half, which the second-lowest points allowed in the first half this season (Allowed seven at Cincinnati).
- Senior linebacker Even Croutch's (Youngstown, Ohio) sack late in the second quarter was his first of the season and the fourth of his career.
- The Ohio defense held NIU scoreless in the third quarter. It is the third time this season that the Bobcats' have held a team scoreless in a quarter.
- Redshirt senior defensive lineman Kent Berger (Mentor, Ohio) registered a sack in the fourth quarter, it was his third of the season.
- Redshirt junior safety Javon Hagan (Jacksonville, Fla.) led the Bobcats with 10 total tackles.
- Redshirt senior linebacker Tyler Gullett (La Grange, Ohio) finished with five tackles.
- Croutch finished the game with four tackles with and a sack for 10 yards.
- Ohio as a team finished the game with eight total pass breakups.
- Redshirt senior safety Kylan Nelson (Lexington, Ky.) finished with a team-leading three pass breakups, it is the second time this season that he's registered three pass breakups in a game (Sept. 1 vs. Howard).
- The Bobcats also registered six tackles for loss for a total of 24 yards.
- Redshirt junior punter Michael Farkas' (Mishawaka, Ind.) 59-yard punt in the first quarter tied his longest of the season.
- Farkas registered five punts for 199 yards, with an average of 39.8 yards per punt, while also pinning two in the 20.
- Farkas recorded foir kickoffs for a total of 197 yards for an average of 49.2 yards per kickoff.
- Redshirt junior kicker Louis Zervos (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) did not record a field goal for the second-straight game.
- Redshirt junior wide receiver DL Knock (Springboro, Ohio) returned one kickoff for 23 yards.