Ohio vs. Buffalo | Postgame Notes
Final Score: Ohio 52, Buffalo 17
Location: Athens, Ohio (Peden Stadium)
Records: Ohio (7-4, 5-2 MAC), Buffalo (9-2, 6-1 MAC)
Ohio Captains: Nathan Rourke, Javon Hagan, Kylan Nelson, Kent Berger
Weather: Temperature: 32 • Wind: NE 5 MPH • Conditions: Mostly Cloudy
- Fourteenth-year head coach Frank Solich is now 104-75 all-time at Ohio and 162-94 in his career.
- Solich is now 69-42 all-time in Mid-American Conference games.
- Solich is now 8-6 all-time against Buffalo.
- Ohio is now 15-10 all-time against Buffalo.
- The Bobcats handed Buffalo their first conference loss of the season.
- Ohio's 52 points are the most points scored against Buffalo in the Solich era.
- The Bobcats have outscored the opposition by a 240-89 count over the last five games.
- Redshirt senior running back Maleek Irons's (Chilliwack, British Columbia) touchdown in the first quarter was his eighth rushing touchdown of the season and 17th of his career.
- Junior quarterback Nathan Rourke's (Oakville, Ontario, Canada) rushing touchdown in the first quarter was his ninth rushing touchdown of the season and 30th of his career, tying him third all-time in program history in career rushing touchdowns.
- Freshman wide receiver Jerome Buckner's (Columbus, Ohio) second quarter touchdown was his first career touchdown and the longest reception of his career.
- It was also Rourke's 20th and 21st passing touchdowns of the season, giving him 38 in his career.
- Redshirt senior running back A.J. Ouellette (Covington, Ohio) scored two rushing touchdowns, giving him 10 rushing touchdowns on the season and giving him 20 for his career, tying him third all-time in program history.
- The Ohio offense scored 17 points off of turnovers in the first half.
- Ohio's 13 play, 96-yard drive in the second quarter was their longest drive from scrimmage this season in terms of plays and yards.
- Redshirt senior wide receiver Papi White's (Seminole, Okla.) touchdown in the third quarter was his ninth of the season and the nineteenth of his career, tying him for second all-time.
- This is the fifth time in Rourke's career that he's passed for 3-plus touchdowns in a game.
- This also marked the third time this season that Ouellette has had 100 yards and 12th time in his career.
- Ohio has now scored at least 31 points in the first half five times this season.
- The Ohio offense has now rushed for at least 200 yards seven times this season and in each of the last five games.
- Redshirt senior Joe Lowery (Tallmadge, Ohio) forced a fumble for the first time in his career.
- Rourke now is responsible for 70 touchdowns in his career, which ranks as the second-most all time in program history.
- Ohio's 437 rushing yards and 646 yards of total offense are the most given up by Buffalo all season.
- Ohio's 437 yards on the ground are a season high, and the 646 total yards of offense are the second-most this season (Ball State, Oct. 25).
- This was the fourth time this season that Ohio rushed for over 300 yards in a game.
- It is also the fourth time this season that Ohio has scored 50-plus points.
- White is now at 2,467 receiving yards in his career, leaving him 45 yards away from having the most in program history.
- Ouellette now has 973 rushing yards on the season, needing 27 more to break 1,000 yards in a season for the second time in his career.
- Redshirt senior safety Kylan Nelson's (Lexington, Ky.) interception in the first quarter was his second of the season and fifth of his career.
- Redshirt sophomore Jarren Hampton's (Fostoria, Ohio) interception in the second quarter was his second of the season and his career.
- Midway through the second quarter, redshirt junior Javon Hagan (Jacksonville Fla.) recovered a fumble – his first fumble recovery of the season and third of his career.
- The Ohio defense was plus-three in turnover margin in the first half.
- Ohio held Buffalo to its second-lowest first half point total this season.
- Redshirt freshman Tariq Drake's (Leavittsburg, Ohio) interception in the fourth quarter was his first career interception.
- Ohio's defense held Buffalo to a season low 120 passing yards. It was also the lowest amount that the Bobcats had held any team this season.
- The Bobcats have held four of their past five opponents to 17 points or less.
- Senior linebacker Evan Croutch (Youngstown, Ohio) lead the Bobcat defense with five total tackles.
- Redshirt senior Kent Berger (Mentor, Ohio) recorded a tackle for loss, bringing his total to 6.5 for the season.
- The Bobcats held Buffalo to 277 yards of offense -- 150 yards below the Bulls' season average.
- Redshirt junior kicker Louie Zervos (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) made all seven of his extra point attempts, marking a season high. He has made at least seven extra points four times this season -- including four of the last five games. His 154 career extra points made are the most in the history of the program.
- This is the third time this season that the Ohio has punted just once in a game.
- Zervos hit a 22-yard field in the second quarter, marking his 11th made field goal of the season and 55th of his career.
- Redshirt junior Michael Farkas (Mishawaka, Ind.) recorded nine kickoffs for 495 yards, averaging 55-yards a kickoffs and three touchbacks.