Final Score: Ohio 49, Akron 28
Location: Athens, Ohio (Peden Stadium)
Records: Ohio 8-4, 6-2 MAC Akron 4-7, 2-6 MAC
Ohio Captains: A.J. Ouellette, Evan Croutch, Kent Berger, Joe Lowery, Kylan Nelson
Weather: Temperature: 44 • Wind: SE 3 MPH • Conditions: Sunny
- Fourteenth-year head coach Frank Solich is now 105-75 all-time at Ohio and 163-94 in his career.
- Solich is now 70-42 all-time in Mid-American Conference games.
- Solich is now 11-3 all-time against Akron
- Ohio is now 20-14-1 all-time against Akron
- In their eight wins this season, the Bobcats have averaged 44.3 points per win, outscoring their opponents by an average of 17.4
- The Bobcats finish their season unbeaten at home for the first time since 1988 (3-0-1) and won all of their home games for the first time since 1968.
- Redshirt senior Papi White (Seminole, Okla.) is now Ohio's all-time leader in receiving yards (2,530).
- Redshirt senior running back A.J. Ouellette's (Covington, Ohio) two rushing touchdowns gave him twelve on the season and thirty-two in his career, ranking him fourth in Ohio football history.
- Junior quarterback Nathan Rourke's (Oakville, Ontario, Canada) four rushing touchdowns gave him 12 on the season and thirty-four in his career, ranking him third place in Ohio football history.
- Ouellette has now reached 1,000 rushing yards on the season for the second year in a row. He is one of only four running backs in Ohio history to run for 1,000 yards in multiple seasons.
- He is also in in eighth place in Ohio history for rushing touchdowns in a season.
- It is the sixth time this season that Ohio has scored at 28 points or more in the first half.
- Ouellette now has 100 yards rushing in four of the last five games.
- This is the eighth game of the season where Ohio has rushed for more than 200 yards and the fifth game where the Bobcats went over 300 yards.
- This is Ohio's sixth game of the season where they scored at least forty points.
- Rourke's four rushing TDs were the most since Dorian Brown rushed for four against UAB in the Bahamas Bowl.
- Redshirt freshman defensive linesman Amos Ogun-Semore's (Dacula, Ga.) sack in the first quarter was his second of the season and career.
- Redshirt sophomore defensive lineman Austin Conrad's (LaGrange, Ohio) interception in the first quarter was his first of his career.
- Today's game marked the third time this season the Bobcats held their opponent scoreless in first quarter.
- The contest marked the sixth time this season that Ohio has held their opponent to 10 points or less in the first half.
- Senior linebacker Evan Croutch's (Youngstown, Ohio) third quarter sack was his fourth on the season and seventh in his career.
- Today was also Croutch's fifth game with eight-plus tackles in the season.
- The Bobcats forced a turnover in every game but one in the 2018 season.
- The Bobcats are now 8-1 in games where they record an interception in 2018.
- The Bobcats finish their MAC season second in points against.
- Redshirt senior safety Kylan Nelson's (Lexington, Ky.) punt return touchdown was the first of his career.
- The punt return was also the first of the season and the first since 2011 when Travis Carrie returned a punt for a touchdown against New Mexico State.
- Redshirt junior kicker Louie Zervos (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) made all seven of his extra point attempts. He has made at least seven extra points five times this season, including five of the last six games. His 161 career extra points made are the most in the history of the program, and his 65 extra points made this season are the most in a single season in program history, breaking his own record of 61 set in 2017.
- Zervos finished the regular season with 98 points, giving him 326 points total in his career.