Dec. 5, 2007
Box Score |
2007-08 Ohio Basketball
Game Notes vs. St. Bonaventure
Wed., Dec. 5, 2007
Convocation Center - Athens, Ohio
- Ohio made each of its first three field goal attempts, all from behind the three-point arc ... Justin Orr's second three gave Ohio a 9-2 lead at 17:58.
- Ohio made 12 of its first 19 field goal attempts, and six of those 12 were threes.
- At 7:24 and 7:00, Allen Hester scored his first points as a Bobcat on back-to-back three-pointers.
- Michael Lee netted 11 of the Bonnies' first 28 points.
- Following a Michael Allen three which put Ohio ahead 31-23 with 4:06 remaining ... SBU then went on a 10-2 run in 2:24 of game clock to tie the Bobcats for the first time in the game at 33-33 with 1:20 remaining.
At the Half: Ohio 35, St. Bonaventure 33
- SBU's Lee led all scorers with 11 ... Jerome Tillman led Ohio with eight.
- Ohio shot 59% (13o-of-22) from the field compared to 54% (14-of-26) for SBU.
- Ohio committed 11 turnovers compared to SBU's 10.
- SBU got 16 of its 33 points in the paint.
- Ohio had two-different eight-point leads while SBU never led and the game was tied once.
- Orr scored each of Ohio's first five points of the half - including his third three-pointer in as many attempts.
- At 15:54 Ohio gained its first double-digit lead of the game on a three by Bert Whittington IV that put the Bobcats ahead 47-35.
- Following that three, Whittington added six more points in a row to cap off a 20-2 run for Ohio to start the half ... With his nine points in a row, Whittington put Ohio ahead by its largest margin of the game at that point (53-35) at 13:45.
- At 10:37 Bubba Walther sank a three to put Ohio up 62-39 ... At that point Ohio had made nine of its 14 (64%) three-point attempts.
- D'Lancy Carter's jumper at 9:46 was just the fifth and sixth points of the half for SBU.
- With 2:38 remaining, Ohio's Asown Sayles recorded his first point of the year on a free throw.
- Ohio outscored SBU 42-25.
Final: Ohio 77, St. Bonaventure 58
- With the win, Ohio's non-conference home-court winning streak now stands at 18.
- In his home debut as a Bobcat, Hester tied for the team lead with Orr with 13 points.
- Bubba Walther tied a career-high with six assists ... He also reached double figures in scoring for the fifth time in six games this year.
- Leon Williams led all rebounders with 10, marking the 32nd time in his career he has reached double figures.
- Williams passed former teammate Sonny Troutman for 17th place on Ohio's all-time scoring list.
- Ohio now trails the all-time series with SBU 5-3.
- SBU's Malcom Eleby recorded a new career-high assist and steal totals.
- Ohio had 18 days between its last home game at tonight, and its game at home on Saturday versus Delaware will be its last of the month in The Convo.