Dec. 8, 2007
Box Score |
2007-08 Ohio Basketball
Game Notes vs. Delaware
Sat., Dec. 8, 2 p.m.
Convocation Center - Athens, Ohio
- Ohio did not miss its first field goal attempt until 15:35 as they started the game 4-of-4 from the field ... They then missed their next eight attempts.
- A jumper by Edwin Santiago gave Delaware its first lead of the game, 14-12, at 12:53.
- Ohio went from 16:42 to 11:37 between field goals made, and from 14:55 to 11:37 between scores.
- Leon Williams and Justin Orr combined for 12 of Ohio's first 14 points ... Santiago had eight of Delaware's first 17.
- Ohio went on a 10-0 run from 9:23 to 6:37 (2:46) to go ahead 26-19.
- By extending that 10-0 run out to a 16-3 spurt, a Williams lay-up at 4:34 gave Ohio its first double-digit lead of the game, 32-22.
- Ohio outscored Delaware 26-7 the last 9:23 of the period.
At the Half: Ohio 42, Delaware 26
- Williams led all scorers with 12 while Santiago paced Delaware with eight.
- Ohio had a 19-9 advantage in rebounding and an 18-4 edge in points-in-the-paint.
- Ohio was 13-of-14 at the free throw line compared to 4-of-5 for Delaware.
- Sam McMahon scored seven of Delaware's nine points during a stretch from 17:39 to 13:41.
- Following Jerome Tillman's second dunk of the half at 14:43, Delaware went on a 12-2 run in 3:53.
- The previously-mentioned run was capped of by a Delaware three by D.J. Boney at 10:19 cut Ohio's lead to single digits (55-48) for the first time since 3:31 in the first half (33-24).
- Bubba Walther hit a three at 8:46 which put Ohio ahead 62-48 ... At that point he was 5-of-5 from the floor and 4-of-4 from behind the three-point arc.
- After Delaware cut the Ohio lead to seven at 10:19, the Bobcats outscored the Blue Hens 23-11 to close out the game.
- Walther had 14 of his 22 points in the second half.
Final: Ohio 78, Delaware 59
- Walther led all scorers with 22 points ... He finished 7-of-7 overall from the field and 4-of-4 from three-point land ... Herb Courtney led Delaware with 13.
- Ohio had four players reach double figures in scoring for the fourth time this year.
- Ohio finished with a 36-19 edge on the boards and had a 28-12 advantage in points-in-the-paint.
- This was the first-ever meeting between Ohio and Delaware in basketball ... Ohio is now 9-1 all time versus members of the Colonial Athletic Association while Delaware is 2-10 against teams from the Mid-American Conference.
- Ohio now has a 19-game home court winning streak against non-conference opponents dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- This was Ohio's last game at home until Jan. 12, a span of 34 days between appearances in the Convocation Center.