Oct. 13, 2007
Final Stats |
2007 Ohio Football
Game Notes vs. Eastern Michigan
Sat., Oct. 13, 2007
Peden Stadium - Athens, Ohio
- Ohio scored on each of its first three possessions, the first two on runs by Kalvin McRae ... McRae had 71 yards rushing on seven carries in the first two possessions.
- Consecutive EMU possessions were ended by Ohio on fourth down stops.
- Ohio's third score of the game came on a reverse pass from receiver Taylor Price to end David Carter ... It was Price's first career completed pass and touchdown pass ... It also marked Carter's first collegiate touchdown reception.
- With a field goal with 2:26 remaining in the half, Michael Braunstein tied a school record with his 10-consecutive make ... It was his third this year of 40 or more yards.
- Braunstein lined up to attempt what would have been a 54-yard field goal to end the first half ... It would have tied for the fifth-longest in school history, but a botched hold prevented the attempt.
- Ohio's 31 points in the half were the most the program has scored in any single half since putting up 31 in the first half against Ball State at home on Oct. 22, 2005.
- With a four-yard scoring pass to Carter with 5:15 left in the third quarter, Brad Bower established a new Ohio career high with two touchdown passes.
- Bower's third touchdown pass, which continued to add to his career-high for a single game, marked the first time since last year's Northern Illinois game that an Ohio quarterback tossed three in the same game (Austen Everson).
- Ohio back-up running back and special teams standout Joshua Abrams lined up at defensive end with just more than two minutes remaining.
- With 2:49 remaining in the game, Braunstein established a new school record with his 11th-straight field goal made ... He also extended his personal streak (dating back to last year at Washington) to 19 in a row.
- McRae moved up to second on Ohio's all-time rushing list as he passed Kareem Wilson, who finished his career with 3,597 yards ... McRae also moved past Tim Curtis (750) for third all-time in rush attempts at Ohio ... Additionally, McRae's rushing total was a season-high.
- Ohio had four players complete a pass attempt (Bower-18, Scott-1, Febus-1, Price-1).
- The 48 points were the most an Ohio team had scored in a game since putting up 50 against Kent State on Oct. 19, 2002.
- The 90 combined points were the most since Ohio and East Carolina accounted for 100 (ECU 55, Ohio 45) on Nov. 16, 1996.
- EMU's Andy Schmitt tied a career-high with four touchdown passes.