Nov. 24, 2007
Final Stats |
2007 Ohio Football
Game Notes vs. Miami
Sat., Nov. 24, 2007
Peden Stadium - Athens, Ohio
- Miami got on the board first with a one-yard dive by Thomas Merriweather at 6:43 in the first quarter.
- At 4:47 in the second quarter, Andrew Mooney tied Ohio's single-season touchdown receptions record as he capped off a 6-play, 66-yard drive that spanned 1:51.
- On Miami's second scoring possession of the game in the second quarter, Ohio was penalized five times during the 11-play drive.
- With four carries during Ohio's first possession of the second half, Kalvin McRae passed Kareem Wilson on the single-season and career rush attempts lists.
- With 8:58 remaining in the third quarter, Mooney broke Todd Snyder's previous school record set in 1969 for single-season touchdown receptions ... It was Mooney's ninth of the year.
- McRae reached the 100-yard rushing plateau for the 21st time in his career on Ohio's fourth possession of the third quarter ... It extended his school record for career 100-yard games.
- With 12:44 remaining in the game, Miami's Nathan Parseghian established a new career-high with his third field goal made of the game.
- Parseghian extended his personal-best day with his fifth field goal with 5:23 remaining.
- With 7:10 remaining in the game, Joshua Abrams recorded the fourth-longest kick-off return in school history when he went 93 yards for the score ... It was the first kick return for a touchdown of his career.
- Parseghian tied a Miami school record with his fifth field goal of the game with 5:23 left.
- With the Ohio win, Miami now leads the all-time series 50-31-2 ... It is Ohio's first win versus Miami in Athens since 1999 ... It also marked the first time since 1983-84 that Ohio has defeated Miami in consecutive seasons.
- With the win, Ohio now has 15 combined victories the last two years ... The last time the program put 15+ victories together in a two-year span was 1967-69 when it registered consecutive win totals of 6, 10, 5.
- Abrams set an Ohio single-game record with 196 kick return yards in the game ... His average yards per return of 49 is the second-highest mark in school history ... His 683 return yards this season ranks as the fifth-best total in Ohio history.
- Michael Braunstein made his 20th field goal of the season, which extended his single-season Ohio record, and placed him in a tie for eighth on the Bobcats' career list.
- Brad Bower finished the season with 11 touchdown passes this year, which is the fifth-highest total in Ohio history.
- Ohio finished the season with 366 points for a 30.5 average ... Those marks rank second and fifth, respectively, in the Ohio single-season record books.
- Ohio set school records with 2,564 yards passing and 17 passing touchdowns in 2007.
McRae's Career Recap:
- McRae's Ohio school career records include: 4,398 rushing yards, 21 100-yard rushing games, 909 rush attempts, 91.6 yards per game, 5,248 all-purpose yards and tied for the total touchdowns mark with 49.
- In 2007 he set single-season school records with 1,434 rushing yards, 19 rushing touchdowns, 294 rush attempts and 119.5 rushing yards per game.
- In the MAC career record book he finished fifth in rushing yards, tied for fifth in rushing touchdowns, eighth in all-purpose yards, fifth in total touchdowns, fourth in rush attempts and ninth in scoring.