Aug 14, 2013
Antwan Crutcher is entering his third season this year with the Bobcats, playing on the defensive line. In 2012, Crutcher played in 12 of Ohio's 13 games, ending the season with 40 total tackles (12 solo), three tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks. OhioBobcats.com recently sat down with the junior defensive lineman to find out what his thoughts were about the upcoming season.
1. What are your expectations for the team in 2013?
"I think we have a very good team this year. A team that I believe is capable of winning the Mid-American Conference, as well as a bowl game."
2. Do you have personal goals you have set for yourself this year, if so, what are they?
"In general, my goals are to get better each and every year. From a statistical perspective, I would like to earn All-Mid-American Conference Honors, while getting 50 or 60 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, and at least 6.0 sacks."
3. Who do you expect to be your toughest opponent this year? Why?
"I expect that Louisville will be our toughest opponent. They are a very strong team this year. In addition to that, it is week one and week one games are always tough."
4. Ohio was picked as the pre-season favorite to win the Mid-American Conference this year, which MAC team do you think will cause the Bobcats the most trouble this year?
"I don't think there is one team in particular. The MAC is a very competitive conference. There really are no bad teams in the MAC. I think every MAC opponent can give us a tough game."
5. At this point in your Ohio University football career, what is your most memorable experience?
"I would have to say that both bowl games have been special. The 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl has been the most special because it was the first bowl win in school history."
6. How would you personally describe yourself as a player?
"I would describe myself as a blue collar player. I work hard, and I do whatever I can to make my team the best it can possibly be."
7. If you could chose to play any other position, what position would you choose? Why?
"I would either like to play linebacker or fullback because I love being physical and close to the ball."
8. What is one thing you like to do during your free time aside from football?
"I just like to relax and spend time with my friends. I also like to watch a lot of movies as well."
9. What is one thing that teammates and fans may not know about you?
"One thing they a lot of people may not know is that I wrestled all four years in high school."
10. You grew up with three sisters, what was that experience like and how has that shaped you into becoming the person you are today?
"Growing up with three sisters not only taught me to better understand women, but it also taught me to have a better respect for women because I would always think to myself, "how would I feel if someone treated any of my sisters that way?"
The First and 10 question and answer piece is the first of a six-part series that will appear on OhioBobcats.com writen by staff writer Christopher Miller. Miller is also a Ohio University student and is a member of the Bobcats' football video staff.