ATHENS, Ohio --The Ohio Softball program will be hosting their annual January Jingle camps on Saturday, Jan. 12 and Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019. This camp is for softball players between 7th through the 12th grade and will take place at Walter Fieldhouse located on Ohio University's campus. Cost of the camp is $175 for the defensive position and hitting instruction portion of the camp, with an option for a $45 add on live pitching and hitting session. To register for either session, please click here.
The camp will consist of a morning and afternoon session and the campers will be divided in two groups. During the morning session, "Group A" will be receiving defensive skilled instruction while "Group B" will receive hitting instruction as well as participate in hitting drills and stations. Campers will then have a lunch break from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm where they can depart or stay in the Fieldhouse and get lunch on their own. The camp will then resume and the two groups will switch. ("Group B" will then work on defense while "Group A" will work on hitting.) If interested, campers can also sign up for an additional add on session which will take place from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm. This session will be for individuals who would like to receive LIVE pitching/catching/hitting instruction.
**Please keep in mind that campers who are wanting the live add-on session must pay the regular camp fee of $175 plus the add-on fee. (You can't just pay the $45 fee for the live session.) All campers will have the opportunity to train in the Walter Fieldhouse and interact with the Ohio Softball coaches and student-athletes.
What to Bring:
- All campers are responsible for bringing their own equipment to camp for their offensive and defensive sessions. NO equipment will be provided to ANY camper. (Helmets, Bats, Gloves, Batting Gloves, Catching Gear, Tennis Shoes, etc.)
- Please bring Tennis Shoes or Turfs – no cleats of any form allowed in the Fieldhouse.
- Ohio University Camp Medical Waiver Form (REQUIRED) at check in.
- Water bottles
- Snacks if necessary
Day of Registration/Check In:
- Check in will begin at 8:30 am. Campers will need their medical waiver form at registration.
- Please arrive with enough time to check in and get ready to begin promptly at the start time
Location / Address:
- Location: Ohio University Walter Fieldhouse
- Address: 50 South Green Drive Athens, OH 45701
- Please park in lots 132, 133 or 134 surrounding Walter Fieldhouse. Please view the On Campus Directions to Walter Fieldhouse map attachment to view directions and parking lots.
- Each camp is open to any and all females entering 7th - 12th grades. Full payment is required at the time of online registration.
- "In accordance with the NCCA guidelines, all Ohio University camps and clinics are open to any and all entrants, limited only by specified number, age, grade level, and/or gender of its participants."