Miami (OH) 6, Ohio 0Records:
Ohio 6-11 (3-3 MAC), Miami (OH) 11-7 (5-1 MAC)Location:
Oxford, Ohio (Field Hockey Complex)Short Story:
The Ohio field hockey team (6-11, 3-3 MAC) drops its final regular season and Mid-American Conference match of the season, 6-0, at Miami (OH) (11-7, 5-1 MAC) on Saturday (Oct. 29).HOW IT HAPPENED
• Ohio was out shot by Miami 21-12, but was tied in the corner battle 5-5.
• Sophomore Kendall Ballard
(Charlottesville, Va.) led the Bobcats with seven shots – including two on goal.
• Junior Maria Russell
(Hudson, Ohio) had two shots –including one on goal. Graduate student Amelia Milton
(Exton, Rutland, England), senior Hannah Kingsbury
(Louisville, Ky.), and redshirt sophomore Cassie Rich
(Chesapeake, Va.) each had one shot.
• Miami benefited from Paula Portugal, Geagy Pritchard, and Carla Romagosa scoring a pair of goals each. The trio accounted for 16 of Miami’s 21 shots and scored a goal in each half.
• Portugal added two assists in the match.
• Sophomore Alex Pennington
(Easton, Pa.) made seven saves on 13 shots on goal in 46:35 minutes before redshirt senior Lina Trucco
(Lake Bluff, Ill.) came in relief and made two saves.BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
• Ballard has 55 shots this season to lead Ohio in shots this season, while Russell is at 21 shots, good for third on the team.
• Pennington has made 67 saves this season
• Trucco has made 39 saves this season.QUOTEABLE
“We didn’t perform like we did in the last MAC game against Kent State. We weren’t efficient with the ball. We kept turning it over. We allowed them to run at us creating a lot of space and opportunities for themselves. Overall, very disappointed and not the performance we were looking for when everything really mattered.” – 12th-year head coach Neil Macmillan
on the match
“We did a much better job today creating shots and corners for ourselves. We had five corners and 12 shots, but off those opportunities we only ended up with three shots on target. We knew we needed to score goals and be efficient in our attacking end, but we just were not able to execute that today.UP NEXT
The 2016 MAC Championship will be held Nov. 4-5 in Kent, Ohio. Tournament seeding will be announced at a later date if Ohio makes the tournament. Semifinal matchups are set to begin at 11:30 a.m.ET and 2 p.m. ET on Friday (Nov. 4).#BleedGreen