Jan. 8, 2013
ATHENS, Ohio - Ohio Volleyball congratulates Morrison-Gordon Elementary as the winner in the inaugural “Battle for the Books” competition held during the 2012 volleyball season. East Elementary school finished in second place, while Alexander Elementary rounded out the top three.
As part of the Battle for the Books, students in 12 area schools were provided with “Admit 2” vouchers to every home regular season volleyball game. As the school with the highest number of vouchers redeemed (as a percentage of school enrollment), Morrison-Gordon Elementary will receive $1,000 for their school library.
Below are the final standings from the 2012 season:
1. Morrison-Gordon Elementary School (Athens): 27.98%
2. East Elementary School (Athens): 26.12%
3. Alexander Elementary School: 24.78%
4. West Elementary School (Athens): 20.74%
5. Meigs Elementary School: 18.11%
6. The Plains Elementary School: 14.22%
7. Chieftain Elementary School (Logan): 14.19%
8. Coolville Elementary School: 11.19%
9. Vinton Elementary School: 9.05%
10. New Haven Elementary School: 5.01%
11. Oak Hill Elementary School: 3.02%
12. Hocking Hills Elementary School: 2.04%
Morrison Elementary principal Penny McDowell will be presented with the grand prize at the Ohio Women’s Basketball game vs. Buffalo on Saturday, February 23 at 2:00 pm. All Morrison-Gordon Elementary teachers, staff and students will be provided with complimentary admission to the game.
Questions regarding the Battle for the Books may be directed to the Ohio Athletics Marketing Department at 740-593-1168 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.