ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio women's basketball team (13-10, 7-5 MAC) hits the road when the Bobcats head to Eastern Michigan (9-14, 5-7 MAC) on Wednesday, Feb. 14. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and can be seen on ESPN3. If you can't catch it there, Jake Hromada has you covered on WOUB-AM 1340.
Feb. 14, 2018 | Eastern Michigan Eagles (9-14, 5-7 MAC) vs. Ohio Bobcats (13-10, 7-5 MAC) | 7 p.m. ET | Ypsilanti, Mich. | Convocation Center | Gametracker |Watch ESPN | Listen Live | Ohio Game Notes | EMU Game Notes
A WIN AGAINST EMU WOULD...
- Give Ohio their 36th all-time win against EMU.
- Give head coach Bob Boldon his 196th career win and his 98th at Ohio.
- Give Ohio its 561st victory in program history and 294th MAC win.
- Move the Bobcats to 14-10 and 8-5 in the MAC.
- Give Ohio 14 wins in a season for the fourth-straight year and the fourth time under Boldon.
- It would be the 13th time in program history that Ohio has had at least 13 wins in a season.
- It would be the 15th time in program history that the Bobcats have won at least eight games in MAC play.
- Be the fifth-straight win over the Eagles.
ALL TIME AGAINST EASTERN MICHIGAN
- Ohio leads the all-time series between the schools, 35-25
- Ohio currently has a four-game winning streak against the Eagles
-Ohio and EMU met in March of last season in Athens in the opening round of the 2017 MAC Tournament, with Ohio winning 63-49.
- Ohio swept the season series against the Eagles last season.
- The Bobcats are currently 13-10 overall and 7-5 in the MAC after defeating Kent State, 78-65 on Feb. 10.
- Leading Ohio is Cierra Hooks with 14.3 points per game. She is also averaging 4.9 rebounds and 3.4 steals per game.
- Amani Burke is averaging 13.0 points per game and is averaging of 3.8 rebounds.
- Dominique Doseck is adding 10.2 points a game and has the team lead with 50 three-pointers made.
- Gabby Burris is slowly climbing her way up the points ladder, averaging 9.7 points per game and 11.1 points per game since MAC play began.
- Taylor Agler adds 7.9 points a game and 3.6 rebounds to go along with her team-leading 106 (4.6) assists.
- As a team, Ohio is averaging 67.8 points a game while allowing opponents to score 66.7 points a game.
- Ohio is shooting .375 from the field, .278 from three-point range and .650 from the free throw line.
- The Bobcats are averaging 33.3 rebounds a game, 10.9 assists per game and 1.7 blocks a game.
- The Bobcats are turning the ball over only 14.7 times a game, while forcing opponents to turn the ball over 23.5 times.
- Ohio is also averaging 12.8 steals a game.
- The Bobcats are currently fourth in the nation in turnover margin, third in turnovers forced, sixth in steals per game and 10th in total steals.
- In the Nov. 12 opener, four Bobcats made their first ever start as a Bobcat (Katie Barker, Amani Burke, Dominique Doseck and Kendall Jessing), while three others made their college debut (Burris, Cierra Hooks, Alexis Stover)
- On Nov. 16 against Notre Dame, Four Bobcats finished in double-digits and redshirt senior guard Taylor Agler finished with a career-high 10 assists. Meche'la Cobb also made her Bobcat debut.
- Ohio returns one starter from last year's squad, in redshirt senior Taylor Agler.
- On Dec. 10 at Purdue, the Bobcats defeated the Boilermakers for the first time since 1982, and defeated a Big Ten team on the road for the first time since 1994.
- The Bobcats have forced teams to turn the ball over 30-plus times five times this season, and have forced at least 20 turnovers in 17 of their 23 games.
- On Dec. 31, Doseck scored a career-high 27 points against Toledo. It was the first time all season that a Bobcat score 20 or more points.
- Doseck was named MAC East Player of the Week on Jan. 2 for her performance the week of Dec. 25.
- On Jan. 13, Cierra Hooks scored a career-high 22 points in a win at Western Michigan. She was the second Bobcat this season to score 20-plus points in a game. Hooks scored 15 of her 22 points in the third quarter.
- Hooks added another 20-point game on Jan. 20 at Bowling Green, scoring 20 points and going 10-of-12 from the free throw line.
- Katie Barker recorded a career game in Jan. 24 against NIU when she scored 24 points and hit a career-high eight three pointers.
- In the same game on Jan. 24, Ohio drained 15 three-pointers, a season high for the Bobcats.
- Also against NIU, Hooks recorded her second game-winning steal and layup as time expired of the season. The first time coming on Nov. 22 at Marshall.
- On Feb. 3, Hooks and Burris made their first career starts as Bobcats.
- Hooks set a new career-high with 28 points on Feb. 3 against Ball State. She also registered a career-high 11 rebounds for her first career double-double.
- Hooks was named MAC East POW on Feb. 6 for her performance against Ball State.
- Hooks created a new career-high on Feb. 7 against CMU, scoring 30 points.
- Hooks is on pace to be the second-highest scoring freshman in program history, only needed seven more points to do so.
THE LAST TIME WE SAW OHIO
- Ohio is coming off of a 78-65 win against Kent State on Feb. 10 in Kent, Ohio.
- Burke scored 20 points, going 6-of-12 from the field, 3-of-5 from three-point range and 5-of-6 from the free throw line. She also had six rebounds, three blocks and one steal.
- Hooks added 16 points, going 8-of-16 from the field, while grabbing one rebounds, dished out one assist and had three steals.
- Burris scored 15 points, going 4-of-8 from the field, 1-of-3 from three-point range and 6-of-8 from the field. She also grabbed three rebounds.
- Barker added 12 points, going 4-of-8 from three-point range.
- Agler finished the game with eight points, going a perfect 6-for-6 from the free throw line, while grabbing five rebounds and dishing out a team-high eight assists.
- As a team, the Bobcats were 25-of-55 (.455) from the field, 9-of-26 (.346) from three-point range and 19-of-22 (.864) from the free throw line.
- The Bobcats out rebounded the Flashes, 34-33. They also dished out 14 assists, had four blocks and seven steals.
- Ohio forced Kent State to turn the ball over 20 times and scored 16 points off of the turnovers. The also scored 26 points in the paint, 16 fast break points and 30 bench points.
- Jordan Korinek led Kent State with 21 points, followed by McKenna Stephens with 14.
- As a team, Kent State was 22-of-57 (.386) from the field, 4-of-10 (.400) from three-point range and 17-of-23 (.739) from the free throw line.
- The Flashes dished out 15 assists, had five blocks and seven steals and forced Ohio to turn the ball over 20 times and scored 15 points off of them.
- KSU scored 24 points in the paint, 12 fast break points and 12 points in the paint.
IN EMU'S LAST GAME
- Eastern Michigan is coming off of a 77-65 loss at the hands of Akron on Feb. 11.
- Leading EMU was Courtnie Lewis with 19 points, going 6-of-13 from the field and 2-of-5 from three-point range while also grabbing six rebounds.
- Sasha Dailey added 17 points, going 5-of-11 from the field and 6-of-8 from the free throw line. She also dished out two assists, one steal and grabbed seven boards.
- As a team, EMU shot .367 from the field, .375 from three-point range and .652 from the free throw line.
- The Eagles grabbed 37 rebounds, dished out 11 assists, had three blocks and 10 steals.
- EMU scored 26 points in the paint, 13 points off of turnovers and forced Akron to turn the ball over 24 times.
- Akron was led by Shaunay Edmonds who scored 27 points, while Haliegh Reinoehl added 15 points and 14 rebounds. |- Akron shot .431 from the field, .318 from three-point range and .609 from the free throw line.
- Eastern Michigan is currently 9-14 overall and 5-7 in MAC play and are coming off of a 77-65 loss to Akron on Feb. 11.
- Leading EMU is Danielle Minott with 15.0 points per game and 5.0 rebounds.
- Next is Courtnie Lewis with 14.5 points a game, followed by Sasha Dailey who is adding 12.6 points a game.
- Emoni Jackson leads the Eagles with 6.2 rebounds a game.
- As a team, EMU is scoring 68.4 points a game and allowing 69.3 points per contest.
- The Eagles are shooting .398 from the field, .317 from three-point range and .644 from the free throw line.
- EMU is grabbing an average of 39.4 rebounds a game, dishing out 10.7 assists and are forcing 19.3 turnovers a game, while turning the ball over 17.0 times a game.
- EMU is also averaging 10.3 steals a game and 2.4 blocks a game.
LAST TIME AGAINST EMU
- The Bobcats and EMU last met March 6, 2017 in Athens in the first round of the MAC Tournament where Ohio won the meeting, 63-49.
- Lampkins led the way with a career-high 30 points.
- Jasmine Weatherspoon finished the game with four points and five blocks.
- Lampkins scored 12 points in the third and fourth quarter, scoring 24 of her 30 points in the second half.
- Yamonie Jenkins finished with nine points, two assists and three rebounds.
- As a team Ohio shot 43.8 percent from the field and 23.5 percent from beyond the arc.
- The Eagles were led by Sasha Dailey's 22 points and six rebounds.
- EMU shots 33.9 percent from the field and 23.5 percent from beyond the arc.
The Bobcats return to Athens on Saturday, Feb. 17 when the Bobcats host Bowling Green. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and can be seen on ESPN3.