Score: Buffalo 65, 54
Location: Buffalo, N.Y.
The Short Story: Quiera Lampkins registered her sixth double-double of the season, however the Ohio womenâs basketball team (18-8, 9-6 MAC) fell to Buffalo (19-7, 9-6 MAC), 65-54 Wednesday evening inside Alumni Arena.
OHIO STARTERS: #0 Taylor Agler, #5 Quiera Lampkins #11 Kelly Karlis, #12 Yamonie Jenkins, #15 Jasmine Weatherspoon,
BUFFALO STARTERS: #1 Stephanie Reid, #4 Joanna Smith, #5 Katherine Ups, #21Mariah Suchan, #31 Cassie Oursler
How It Happened:
- The Bobcats won the opening tip.
- Buffalo got on the board first with a layup at the 8:40 mark left in the first quarter.
- The Bobcats tied the game up at the 7:50 mark on a layup by Kelly Karlis to tie the game at 2-2.
- Ohio took a 5-2 lead on a made three pointer by Amani Burke.
- Buffalo tied it up and took the lead on a made three-pointer at the 6:30 mark.
- The Bulls took a 10-7 lead with 4:36 left in the first quarter
- The Bobcats took at 12-10 lead with 2:48 left in the first quarter on a made three-pointer by Quiera Lampkins.
- Buffalo tied it up at 12-12 with 2:03 left in the quarter, but the Bobcats took a four-point lead with 1:10 left on a layup by Lampkins.
- The Bulls tied the game up at 16-16 with 31 second left, but Ohio took an 18-16 lead with three seconds left on a jumper by Taylor Agler as time expired to lead after the first quarter.
- In the opening minutes of the second quarter, Buffalo tied it back up at 18-18, but Ohio retook the lead on a layup by Jasmine Weatherspoon.
- After a made three-pointer by Karlis with 8:36 left in the half, the Bobcats led 23-18.
- Buffalo tied the game back up at 23-23 with 7:25 left in the half.
- With 3:22 left in the half, Buffalo went on a 12-2 run to take a 31025 lead.
- After Burke hit another three, Buffalo went up by six again with 1:29 left in the second quarter.
- With five seconds left in the quarter, Karlis would drain a corner three to cut the Buffalo lead to 34-31.
- The Bobcats trailed Buffalo 34-31 at the half.
- Leading the Bobcats was Lampkins who had 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds.
- Karlis added eight points and four rebounds.
- Overall, Ohio shots .342 from the field and .278 from three-point range and did not go to the line in the first half.
- Ohio grabbed 24 boards, dished out eight assists and had two blocks and only turned the ball over four times.
- The Bobcats scored 16 points in the paint.
- Leading the Bulls at the half was JoAnna Smith with 12 points.
- Overall, Buffalo shot .364 from the field, .300 from three-point range and .875 from the free throw line.
- The Bulls grabbed 22 rebounds, dished out eight assists and had five blocks and two steals.
- After a three-minute dry spell to start the third quarter, Buffalo when up 36-31 on free throws.
- Ohio responded with a made three-pointer by Agler to cut the Buffalo lead to 36-34 with 6:44 left in the third.
- The Bobcats tied it up moments later with a layup by Hannah Boesinger to made the score 36-36.
- Buffalo took a one-point lead with 6:15 left on a made free throw.
- After two made free throws by Lampkins, Ohio went up 38-37 with 5:40 left in the third.
- With 3:48 left in the third, Buffalo tied the game up at 39-39 on a jumper.
- Buffalo went up 42-39 with 2:31 left on a made three-pointer by the Bulls.
- Ohio cut the Buffalo lead to 44-41 with 1:18 left on a layup by Burke.
- Lampkins hit a free throw to cut the Buffalo lead to 44-42.
- Buffalo would hit two free throws at the end of the third to go up 46-42 after three quarters.
- UB went up 48-42 in the opening minute of the fourth quarter.
- Buffalo went up 52-42 with 7:10 left in the fourth quarter.
- Lampkins responded with a layup to cut the lead to 52-44.
- Buffalo went back up 10 with six minutes left on two free throws.
- Burke responded with a jumper to make the score 54-46.
- Lampkins cut the UB lead to 54-48 with a two free throws after the media timeout.
- With 3:49 left in the fourth, Buffalo went up 59-48.
- Buffalo went up 61-49 on made free throws.
- Ohio responded with a made layup by Yamonie Jenkins after a steal to cut the lead to 61-51.
- Lamplins would drain a three pointer with 1:30 left to cut the UB lead to 64-54.
- Buffalo would get one more free throw before the end of the game and the Bulls would come away with the 65-54 victory.
- Lampkins led all scorers with 22 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.
- Burke added 11 points and five boards for the Bobcats.
- Karlis finished the game with eight rebounds while Agler finished with five assists.
- Overall, Ohio shot .308 from the field, .233 from three-point range and .700 from the free throw line.
- The Bobcats grabbed 35 rebounds, dished out 14 assists, had three blocks and four steals.
- Leading Buffalo was Stephanie Reid with 21 points.
- Summer Hemphill finished the game with 15 points and 17 rebounds and JoAnna Smith finished the game with 18 points.
- Overall, Buffalo shot .364 from the field, .308 from three-point range and .840 from the free throw line.
- Buffalo had 45 rebounds, 13 assists, 11 blocks and seven steals.
- Ohio forced Buffalo to turn the ball over 15 times and scored 10 points off of them.
- The Bobcats scored 26 points in the paint.
- The score was tied nine times with the lead changing six times.
Beyond the Boxscore:
- Lampkins registered for sixth double-double of the season.
- This is the first time Ohio has lost three in a row since Marc of 2014.
- Ohio is now 20-17 all-time against the Bulls.
- The Bobcats are now tied for second-place in the MAC East.
- Lampkins had her 11th 20-point game of the season.
"We have to find a way to get our offense back on track. I thought that the last couple of games we took pretty good shots and we missed them, we may have to reevaluate what a good shot is and try to do a better job of putting the ball in the basket. I thought defensively we let Reid and Smith off a couple times and we should've done a better of guarding them. They're really good players. Other than that, I thought defensively we were pretty good, just offensively just not quite where we want to be right now." - Head Coach Bob Boldon
The Bobcats return home to close out the regular season with a three-game home stand beginning Saturday, Feb. 25 when Ohio hosts Miami. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. inside the Convocation Center and can be seen on ESPN3. It will also be the Bobcatsâ Pink Game.