Ohio vs. Bowling Green | Postgame Notes
Final Score: Ohio 49, Bowling Green 14
Location: Athens, Ohio (Peden Stadium)
Records: Ohio 4-3, 2-1 MAC Bowling Green 1-7, 0-4 MAC
Ohio Captains: Javon Hagan, Evan Croutch, A.J. Ouellette, Joe Lowery
Weather: Temperature: 55• Wind: 13 MPH • Conditions: Cloudy
- Fourteenth-year head coach Frank Solich is now 101-74 all-time at Ohio and 159-93 in his career.
- Solich is now 66-41 all-time in Mid-American Conference games.
- Solich is now 6-6 all-time against Bowling Green
- Ohio is now 28-40-2 all-time against Bowling Green
- Redshirt senior wide receiver Papi White (Seminole, Okla.) scored two touchdowns (rushing and receiving), in the first quarter. It was his second multi-touchdown game this season.
- White's rushing touchdown was his first of the season and his first since Sept. 24, 2016 against Gardner Webb.
- White added another receiving touchdown in the second quarter, registering his first career three touchdown game.
- The Bobcats scored 35 points in the first half, it is the second time this season that they have hit 35 points after the first two quarters (Sept. 29 vs. UMass).
- The Bobcats racked up 343 yards on the ground in the first half.
- Junior quarterback Nathan Rourke (Oakville, Ontario, Canada) threw for four touchdowns, setting a new career-high.
- The last Bobcat quarterback to throw for four touchdowns was Greg Windom on Sept. 3, 2016 against Texas State.
- In the second quarter, redshirt senior wide receiver Andrew Meyer (Canal Winchester, Ohio) caught second touchdown of the season and the fourth of his career. It is also his second touchdown in the last three games for Meyer.
- In the third quarter, redshirt sophomore wide receiver Cameron Odom (Bedford, Ohio) caught his second touchdown of the season.
- Ohio recorded 392 total rushing yards, registering over 300-yards, the last time the Bobcats did that was on Sept. 29 against UMass.
- Rourke finished the game, 8-for-12 with 193 yards and four touchdowns.
- Rourke's 76-yard touchdown pass to White was the longest completion of Rourke's career.
- On the ground, Rourke finished the game with 10 carriers for 101 yards and one touchdown.
- It is the second time this season that Rourke has rushed and passed for over 100 yards.
- White finished the game with two receiving touchdowns on 92 yards, with his longest of 76, setting a new career-long.
- White also finished the game with one rush for 17 yards and one touchdown.
- Redshirt senior running back Maleek Irons (Chilliwack, British Columbia) finished the game with a team-leading 116 rushing yards on 12 carries.
- The offense recorded over 30 first downs for the second time this season (UMass, Sept. 29).
- In the second quarter, senior linebacker Evan Croutch (Youngstown, Ohio) recorded his first interception of the season
- In the second quarter, junior defensive lineman Cole Baker (Pinson, Ala) forced a fumble which was recovered by Will Evans. It was Evans' first fumble recovery of the season.
- The Ohio defense allowed a season-low 14 total points.
- The defense allowed a season-low 314 total yards.
- The Ohio defense held Bowling Green scoreless in the third and fourth quarters.
- Redshirt senior linebacker Tyler Gullett (La Grange, Ohio) finished the game with a team-leading nine tackles and one sack.
- Baker recorded the first forced fumble of his career.
- Redshirt sophomore defensive lineman Amos Ogun-Semore (Dacula, Ga.) finished the game with one sack for five yards.
- As a team, the Bobcats registered eight tackles for loss for 20 yards.
- This is the third-straight game that redshirt junior kicker Louie Zervos (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) did not attempt a field goal.
- Zervos was 7-for-7 on extra points.
- Redshirt junior punter Michael Farkas (Mishawaka, Ind.) recorded one punt for 47 yards and pinned it inside the 20.
- Farkas registered eight kickoffs for 417 yards, while averaging 52.1 yards per kickoff.