ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio football team (2-3, 1-0 MAC) welcomes Mid-American Conference West Division foe Northern Illinois (1-4, 0-1 MAC) to Peden Stadium for a Homecoming matchup on Saturday (Oct. 12). Kickoff is slated for 3:30 p.m. ET.
There will be plenty of events and activities for fans leading up to and during the game. Here's a rundown of your football Saturday in Athens.
Ohio has won 15 of its last 17 games played at Peden Stadium, including seven-straight MAC games.
GAMEDAY IN ATHENS
We have everything you need to plan a great game day experience at Peden Stadium. Click here for information on getting to campus, parking, getting to the stadium, getting into the stadium, stadium info, ADA info and things to do!
• The men's and women's basketball teams will host Bobcats on the Blacktop beginning at 12:30 p.m. ET at the Bobcat Nation Pavillion. The event is free for all to attend. Fans and students will have the opportunity to meet with men's basketball head coach Jeff Boals, women's basketball head coach Bob Boldon and student-athletes from both teams. Free Steak 'n Shake will be available to students who attend the event. Students will have the chance to play in various shooting games with the teams with a chance to win Ohio basketball gear.
• The wrestling team will be holding an Outdoor Demo at 1 p.m. ET in Bicentennial Park in front of Walter Hall.
• The Wild Honeybees are set to perform on stage at the Bobcat Nation Pavilion beginning at approximately 1:30 p.m. ET.
• Bobcat Nation Pavilion will feature food vendors such as Burrito Buggy, Jimmy John's, Zuls, Mister Softee and Kona Ice.
• One student will win a free YETI cooler by dropping a wooden nickel into the barrel by Gate 4.
• The first 500 students who enter the stadium through Gate 4 will receive a free pair of sunglasses.
• The Ohio University Alumni Association 2019 Awardees will be recognized throughout the game.
• There will be an on-field Varsity OHIO recognition.
• The Ohio University 2019 Homecoming Court will be announced in the third quarter.
• The Ohio University Marching 110 will perform.
OHO SPORTS NETWORK FROM LEARFIELD IMG COLLEGE
Saturday's game can be heard on the Ohio Sports Network from Learfield IMG College. Russ Eisenstein returns for his 12th season as the "Voice of the Bobcats." Ohio Alum Rob Cornelius has been a part of the broadcasts for two decades.
WXTQ (Power 105) in Athens returns as the 11-station network's flagship. The broadcast is also available online through TuneIn.com/OhioBobcats and on the TuneIn app. Pregame coverage begins at 2:30 p.m. ET.