ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team begins their season with a 1 p.m. first touch on Friday, Aug. 30 against Drexel. On Saturday, the Bobcats take on nationally ranked Boston University at 7 p.m. Fans who come out to Pruitt Field on Friday or Saturday receive an Ohio Field Hockey schedule poster.
FRIDAY PROMOTION: The first 50 fans receive an Ohio Field Hockey schedule poster
SATURDAY PROMOTION: The first 25 fans receive an Ohio Field Hockey schedule poster
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- The Bobcats open their season at home for the first time since 2016 when they beat Saint Francis (Pa.) 4-2. Current seniors Kendall Ballard (Charlottesville, Va.) and Brittany Keen (Perth, Western Australia) tallied three of the four Ohio goals in that contest.
- Ohio returns 96% of its offensive production from last season (24/25 goals)
- Junior Jillian Shive (Lebanon, Ohio) looks to add on to a stellar sophomore season where she tallied a team-leading 11 goals.
- The Bobcats' schedule currently has three nationally ranked opponents (#3 Duke, #14 Ohio State, #23 Boston University)
- Ohio was picked to finish fourth in the 2019 Mid-American Conference Coaches' Poll, receiving one first place vote.
- The Dragons finished 9-9 in 2018, while going 2-4 in CAA play
- Drexel defeated the Bobcats 5-1 at home on 9/30/2018
- They will hit the road after Friday's game and get ready to take on the Indiana Hoosiers on Sunday, Sept. 1.
SCOUTING BOSTON U.
- The Bobcats are the Terriers' first opponent of the 2019 season
- The Boston U. roster is comprised of two seniors, eight juniors, four sophomores, and six freshmen
- The Terriers are ranked #23 in the preseason NFHCA poll
Ohio hits the road on Friday, Sept. 6 to take on Davidson at 6 p.m. The Bobcats are back home the following Friday, Sept. 13, when they face Lock Haven at 3 p.m.