ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team hits the road for the first time in 2019, traveling to Davidson to take on the Wildcats. First touch is scheduled for 6 p.m.
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- The Bobcats enter Friday's game with a 1-1 record. Ohio took down Drexel 4-2 in the season opener before losing to #23 Boston University on Saturday.
- Ohio scored four unanswered goals in last Friday's match to cap an exciting comeback win.
- In 2017 the Bobcats took a trip to Davidson, N.C. and came away with a 2-1 victory. Current redshirt senior Kendall Ballard (Charlottesville, Va.) scored both goals for Ohio.
- Ohio field hockey looks to start the year 2-1 for the first time since 2012.
- This will be the first of four road games in September for the Bobcats. Ohio only plays one game at Pruitt Field this month.
- The Wildcats are 0-2 to start the 2019 season. Davidson finished the 2018 season with a record of 5-13 and a 1-7 in their conference.
- The Davidson roster consists of seven freshmen, four sophomores, six juniors, and three seniors.
- Through the first two games the Wildcats are average a goal per game and are losing the penalty corner differential 16-9
Ohio hits the road on Friday, Sept. 6 to take on Davidson at 6 p.m. The Bobcats are back home the following Friday, Sept. 13, when they face Lock Haven at 3 p.m.