ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team (4-2, 1-0) heads to Kent, Ohio to take on the Golden Flashes in their second MAC game of the season.
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- Junior Leah Warren (Hamilton, New Zealand) is this week's MAC Offensive Player of the Week, after scoring two goals in Ohio's come-from-behind win against Appalachian State on Friday, September 20.
- Ohio scored 18 goals through their first six games in 2019, compared to eight goals through their first six during the 2018 campaign.
- Warren and redshirt senior Kendall Ballard (Charlottesville, Va.) are tied for the team lead in goals with four.
- Freshman Weslee Littlefield (Oakland, Maine) has been a force for the Bobcats defense, starting the first six games of her young career.
- Ohio lost to Kent State 2-1 at Pruitt Field last year. Junior Jillian Shive (Lebanon, Ohio) scored the lone goal for the Bobcats.
SCOUTING KENT STATE
- The Golden Flashes face many tough opponents in their non-conference schedule, including #23 Michigan State, #12 Louisville, #24 Maine, #8 Iowa, and #9 Michigan.
- Kent State went 1-4 in those games, taking down #24 Maine at home.
- Clara Rodriguez Seto is the leading goal scorer for the Golden Flashes, scoring five goals in their first nine games.
Ohio comes for the first time in three weeks to take on Longwood on Saturday, October 5. Then, Ohio State comes to Pruitt Field on Sunday, October 6.