ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team (5-4, 2-1) heads to Michigan State on Friday, Oct. 11, before playing their fourth conference game of the season at Central Michigan on Sunday, Oct. 13.
Friday, Oct. 11 | at Michigan State | 3 p.m. ET | Ralph Young Field | Lansing, Mich. | Live Stats | BTN+
Sunday, Oct. 13 | at Central Michigan | 12 p.m. ET | CMU Field Hockey Complex | Mount Pleasant, Mich. | Live Stats | Watch
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- The Bobcats stand at 2-1 in the MAC, good enough for third place in the conference behind Miami and Kent State
- Senior Kendall Ballard (Charlottesville, Va.) recorded her team-leading fifth goal of the season in the final seconds against Ohio State on Sunday, Oct. 6.
- Freshman Weslee Littlefield (Oakland, Maine) recorded a key defensive save in the win over Longwood on Saturday, Oct. 5, allowing Ohio to keep the game from going to overtime.
- Senior Karynne Baker (Falls Church, Va.) tallied both of the Bobcats' goals against Longwood, putting her total at three for the season.
- With Kent State and Miami playing each other on Friday, Ohio has a chance to move up in the MAC standings with a win over Central Michigan.
SCOUTING MICHIGAN STATE
- The Spartans stand at 5-6 overall and 0-4 in the Big Ten.
- Michigan State took down MAC opponent Miami 3-2 in four overtimes earlier in the season.
- Leading the Spartans in goals and points is Lia Sinisi. She currently has six goals and no assists, coming out to 12 total points on the season.
SCOUTING CENTRAL MICHIGAN
- The Chippewas sit as 2-11 on the season and 0-3 in conference play. Central Michigan has lost their last 11 games.
- The Chippewas are currently getting outscored 53-15 in their matches, giving up an average of 4.08 goals per game.
- Leading Central Michigan in goals and points is #15 Alice O'Hagan. She currently has six goals and two assists on the season, coming out to 14 total points.
The Bobcats come home for their final four games of the season, first facing off against Ball State on Friday, Oct. 18, then taking on Indiana on Sunday, Oct. 20.