ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team (8-5, 4-1 MAC) ends the regular season with a crucial matchup against Miami (8-7, 3-1) on Friday, Oct. 26, before celebrating Senior Day on Saturday, Oct. 26 against UC Davis.
Friday, Oct. 25 | vs. Miami | 1 p.m. ET | Pruitt Field | Athens, Ohio | Live Stats |
Sunday, Oct. 26 | vs. UC Davis | 12 p.m. ET | Pruitt Field | Athens, Ohio | Live Stats |
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- With a win over Miami, the Bobcats would claim the 2-seed in the upcoming Mid-American Conference Tournament. A loss would push Ohio back to 3rd.
- A win over Miami would give Ohio their first winning season since 2011.
- The Bobcats' 5-2 record at Pruitt Field this season is their best winning percentage at home since 2011 (11-3).
- Redshirt Senior Kendall Ballard (Charlottesville, Va.) tallied two goals against Indiana on Saturday, Oct. 19. putting her season total at seven, and her career total at 28.
- The MAC Field Hockey Tournament takes place in Oxford, Ohio this year. For more information, visit this link.
- The RedHawks are third in the conference in goals-per-game with 2.2. They hold their opponents to an average of 1.6 scores.
- Miami leads the MAC in penalty corner opportunities with 117, which is 23 more than the next team (Kent State – 94).
- The RedHawks' leading scorer is Leonor Berlie, tallying 11 goals and three assists during the 2019 campaign, good for the team lead with 25 points.
SCOUTING UC DAVIS
- The Aggies sit at 6-7 for the 2019 season, and 0-2 in the America East conference.
- UC Davis has held good competition close, losing to #7 Iowa, 3-1 and #18 Rutgers, 1-0.
- The Aggies have four girls tied for the team lead in goals with two. Lauren Gengarella adds two assists to her two goals, putting her in the team lead for points with six.
Ohio watches their fate play out as they sit out the last weekend of conference season. Miami takes on Central Michigan on Saturday, Nov. 2 at 11 a.m., while Kent State takes on Longwood on the same day at 12 p.m.