ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio Softball program will be hosting their annual summer camp on Tuesday, July 16th, 2019. This camp is for softball players between 7th through the 12th grade and will take place at Walter Fieldhouse/Ohio Softball Field located on Ohio University's campus, second year head coach Kenzie Roark announced today (June 24).
The camp will consist of a morning and afternoon session and the campers will be divided in two groups. During the morning session, "Group A" will be receiving defensive skilled instruction (pitching instruction included) while "Group B" will receive hitting instruction as well as participate in hitting drills and stations. Campers will then have a lunch break from 1p.m. – 1 p.m. where they can depart or stay in the Fieldhouse and get lunch on their own. The camp will then resume and the two groups will switch("Group B" will then work on defense while "Group A" will work on hitting).
Ohio Softball Summer Camp
Date: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Times: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (First Camp Session)
12 p.m. – 1 p.m. (Lunch)
1 p.m. – 4 p.m. (Second Camp Session
Ages: 7th - 12th grade
Location: Ohio University Softball Stadium, Walter Fieldhouse.
What to Bring:
- All campers are responsible for bringing their own equipment to camp for their offensive and defensive sessions. NO equipment will be provided to ANY camper. (Helmets, Bats, Gloves,
- Batting Gloves, Catching Gear, Tennis Shoes, etc.)
- Please bring Tennis Shoes or Turfs – no cleats of any form allowed in the fieldhouse.
- Ohio University Camp Medical Waiver Form (REQUIRED) at check in.
- Water bottles
- Snacks if necessary
Day of Registration/Check In:
- Check in will begin at 8:30 am. Campers will need their medical waiver form at registration.
- Please arrive with enough time to check in and get ready to begin promptly at the start time
Location / Address:
Location: Ohio University Walter Fieldhouse
Address: 50 South Green Drive Athens, OH 45701
Please park in lots 132, 133 or 134 surrounding Walter Fieldhouse. Please view the On Campus Directions to Walter Fieldhouse map attachment to view directions and parking lots.
Each camp is open to any and all females entering 7th - 12th grades. Full payment is required at the time of online registration.
"In accordance with the NCCA guidelines, all Ohio University camps and clinics are open to any and all entrants, limited only by specified number, age, grade level, and/or gender of its participants."
For more information, place contact assistant coach, Garrett Furnal at email@example.com.