ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio women's basketball team (5-3) continues its road trip for their final competition before the holiday break when they head to West Palm Beach, Fla. for the West Palm Invitational Dec. 16-17. The Bobcats will face off with Furman (7-3) on Saturday, Dec. 16 at 2:30 p.m. and will wrap up action on Sunday, Dec. 17 against Virginia (4-6) at 3:15 p.m. Jake Hromada will have you covered for both games on WOUB-AM 1340.
Dec. 16, 2017 | Furman Paladins (7-3) vs. Ohio Bobcats (5-3) | 2:30 p.m. ET | West Palm Beach, Fla. | Countess de Hoernle Student Life Center | Gametracker |Watch Live | Listen Live| Ohio Game Notes | Furman Game Notes
Dec. 17, 2017 | Virginia Cavaliers (4-6) vs. Ohio Bobcats (5-3) | 3:15 p.m. ET | West Palm Beach, Fla. | Countess de Hoernle Student Life Center | Gametracker |Watch Live | Listen Live| Ohio Game Notes | Virginia Game Notes
ALL TIME AGAINST FURMAN
- The Bobcats are 0-1 all-time against Furman, with Furman winning the last match.
- The only time the two teams met was on Nov. 21, 2001 when Furman won the game, 103-89 in Athens.
- The home team is 0-1 in the only meeting between Ohio and Furman.
ALL TIME AGAINST VIRGINIA
- First meeting between Ohio and Virginia.
ALL-TIME AGAINST THE ACC
- Ohio is 4-19 all time against members of the current ACC
- The last time Ohio defeated an ACC opponent was on March 20, 2016 when the Bobcats defeated Virginia Tech in the second round of the WNIT.
- The only ACC member the Bobcats have ever defeated is Virginia Tech (4-1).
- The Bobcats are currently 5-3 after defeating Purdue 77-71 on Dec. 10.
- Leading Ohio is Cierra Hooks and Amani Burke who are both averaging 12.5 points a game.
-Hooks is also averaging 5.6 rebounds a contest, and also leads the team in steals with 28 for the season, while also adding 18 assists.
- Burke is averaging 3.7 rebounds per game, and leads the team with 26 free-throws made.
- Dominique Doseck is also averaging double figures, adding 10.6 points a game and 22 steals for the season.
- Taylor Agler adds 8.3 points a game and 3.3 rebounds to go along with her team-leading 37 assists.
- As a team, Ohio is averaging 65.3 points a game while allowing opponents to score 61.1 points a game.
- Ohio is shooting .360 from the field, .256 from three-point range and .605 from the free throw line.
- The Bobcats are averaging 32.9 rebounds a game, 11.4 assists per game and 2.4 blocks a game.
- The Bobcats are turning the ball over only 13.0 times a game, while forcing opponents to turn the ball over 26.9 times.
- Ohio is also averaging 15.3 steals a game.
- The Bobcats are currently first in the nation in turnover margin, third in steals per game and third in turnovers forced.
- In the Nov. 12 opener, four Bobcats made their first ever start as a Bobcat (Katie Barker, Amani Burke, Dominique Doseck and Kendall Jessing), while three others made their college debut (Burris, Cierra Hooks, Alexis Stover)
- On Nov. 16 against Notre Dame, Four Bobcats finished in double-digits and redshirt senior guard Taylor Agler finished with a career-high 10 assists. Meche'la Cobb also made her Bobcat debut.
- Ohio returns one starter from last year's squad, in redshirt senior Taylor Agler.
- The Bobcats will return six bench players, including All-MAC Freshman Team member Amani Burke.
- Katie Barker, Dominique Doseck, Olivia Bower, Hannah Thome and Kendall Jessing will also return to the floor for Ohio.
- Ohio welcomed five freshmen to the squad, with Cierra Hooks, Erica Johnson, Alexis Stover, Kaylee Bambule and Gabby Burris taking the floor this season.
THE LAST TIME WE SAW OHIO
- Ohio is coming off of a 77-71 victory against Purdue on Dec. 10 in West Lafayette, Ind.
- It was the first victory against Purdue since 1982.
- This was the first time the Ohio women's basketball team came defeated a Big 10 team at home since 1994.
- Five Bobcats ended the game in double figures.
- Amani Burke led Ohio, tallying 17 points, while adding four rebounds, and an assist.
- Cierra Hooks followed with 15 points, grabbing a team-high seven rebounds, adding four steals, and three assists.
- Alexis Stover had 12 points, three assists, and three steals, and a rebound.
- Dominique Doseck and Gabby Burris each recorded 10 points.
- As a team, Ohio was 26-of-56 (.464) from the field, 10-of-16 (.625) from the three-point line, and 15-of-25 (.600) from the line.
- Purdue was 23-of-49 (.469) from the field, 6-of-14 (.429) from the three-point line, and 19-of-22 (.864) from the free-throw line.
- Ohio's bench outscored Purdue (37-3) in the game. Ohio also scored more second-chance points (9-7), fast-break points (6-5), and points off turnovers (36-17). Purdue and Ohio each scored 32 points in the paint.
IN FURMAN'S LAST GAME
- Furman is coming off of an 84-56 loss against North Carolina on Dec. 10.
- Celena Taborn led Furman with a game and career high 24 points on 8-of-11 shooting from the field while making 7-of-10 free throws.
- Le'Jzae Davidson scored 13 points.
- DenAnneisha Jackson grabbed six rebounds and scored nine points. - As a team, Furman shot .316 from the field, .222 from the field and .762 from the free throw line.
- As a team, Furman grabbed 29 rebounds, dished out 14 assists, and stole the ball five times.
-Furman is off to a 7-3 start after falling to North Carolina on Dec. 10.
- Leading the Paladins are Cierra Carter and Le'Jzae Davidson who are both averaging 13.7 points a game. Carter is shooting .439 from the field, and is averaging 6.5 rebounds a game.
- Davidson is shooting .398 from the field and is .857 from the free-throw line.
- Celena Taborn is next on the team, averaging 11.8 points per game.
- Overall, Furman is averaging 72.3 points per game while allowing only 64 points per game.
- As a team, the Paladins are shooting .434 from the field, .318 from three-point range and .735 from the free throw line.
- Furman also adds 40.2 rebounds a game and 13.8 assists per contest.
- The Paladins are averaging 15.2 turnovers a game and 4.2 blocks a game.
LAST TIME AGAINST FURMAN
- The Bobcats last faced off with Furman on Nov. 21, 2001 with Furman winning 103-89 in Athens.
IN VIRGINA'S LAST GAME
- Virginia is coming off of a 52-43 loss against Rutgers in New Brunswick, N.J. on Dec. 2.
- Jocelyn Willoughby led Virginia with 14 points, also recording two rebounds, one assist, and one steal.
- J'Kyra Brown scored 13 points, while grabbing six points, three assists, and one steal.
- Felicia Aiyeotan recorded six points, four blocks, and grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds.
- As a team, Virginia shot .356 from the field, .375 from the field and .625 from the free throw line.
- As a team, Virginia grabbed 29 rebounds, dished out 14 assists, and stole the ball three times.
- Virginia is off to a 4-6 start after falling to Rutgers on Dec. 2.
- Leading the Cavaliers is Dominique Toussaint, who is averaging 12 points a game. Toussaint is shooting .370 from the field, and is grabbing 2.7 rebounds a game.
- Jocelyn Willoughby is averaging 11.7 points a game, while shooting .475 from the field, and .750 from the charity stripe.
- Allyah Huland El is next for Virginia, averaging 9.6 points per game and shooting .478 from the field.
- Overall, Virginia is averaging 61.2 points per game while allowing only 59.8 points per game.
- As a team, the Cavaliers are shooting .409 from the field, .382 from three-point range and .628 from the free throw line.
- Virginia also adds 36.4 rebounds a game and 12.1 assists per contest.
- The Cavaliers are averaging 16.0 turnovers a game and 5.2 blocks a game.
LAST TIME AGAINST VIRGINIA
- First meeting between the two teams.
- Despite their size, the Ohio defense has been solid for Ohio through the first seven games.
- The Bobcats are forcing 26.88 turnovers a game, which leads the MAC and is third in the nation.
- Ohio also averaged 15.3 steals a game, which is also leading the MAC and is third in the nation.
- The Bobcats are also first in the nation and first in the MAC in turnover margin (+13.88)
- Individually, Cierra Hooks (3.5) ranks second in the MAC in steals per game, Taylor Agler (3.0) is tied for fourth, while Dominique Doseck (2.8) is seventh.
- Nationally, Hooks (3.5) is tied for 12th in steals per game, with Agler (3.0) ranked 35th.
- On Nov. 16 against Notre Dame College, the Bobcats set the single game record for steals with 25.
- The Bobcats have forced at least 20 turnovers in all five games this season.
Ohio will return home after the holiday break to take on North Carolina AT&T on Dec. 28. Tip-off against is set for 7 p.m. inside the Convocation Center.