ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio women's basketball team (7-6, 1-1 MAC) returns to Athens on Saturday, Jan. 6 when the Bobcats host Mid-American Conference East foe Akron (6-7, 0-2 MAC). Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. inside the Convocation Center. The game can be seen on ESPN3 where Jake Hromada and Toni Roesch will have the call. If you can't catch it there, Gabe Genovesi has you covered on WOUB- AM 1340.
Jan. 6, 2018 | Akron Zips (6-7, 0-2 MAC) vs. Ohio Bobcats (7-6, 1-1 MAC) | 1 p.m. ET | Athens, Ohio | Convocation Center | Gametracker |Watch ESPN | Listen Live | Ohio Game Notes | Akron Game Notes
A WIN AGAINST AKRON WOULD...
- Give Ohio their 41st all-time win against Akron.
- Give head coach Bob Boldon his 190th career win and his 91st at Ohio.
- Give Ohio its 555th victory in program history and 288th MAC win.
- Give Ohio its seventh-straight win against Akron and their fourth-straight against the Zips inside the Convo.
ALL TIME AGAINST AKRON
- Ohio leads the all-time series against Akron, 40-18.
- Ohio has won the last six matchups against the Zips dating back to Jan. 28, 2015.
- Last season, the Bobcats swept the season series against the Zips, defeating Akron on Jan. 11 and March 4.
- In the last game against Akron on March 4, the Bobcats won by the final of 62-48 in Athens.
- The Bobcats are currently 7-6 overall and 1-1 in the MAC after falling to Central Michigan 82-58 on Jan. 3.
- Leading Ohio is Amani Burke who is averaging 13.1 points per game.
-Next is Cierra Hooks who is averaging 12.5 points per game and is averaging a team-leading 4.9 rebounds a contest. She is also leading the team in steals with 40 for the season, while also adding 28 assists.
- Burke is averaging 3.3 rebounds per game, and leads the team with 39 free-throws made.
- Dominique Doseck is adding 10.5 points a game and is leading the team with 29 three-pointers made.
- Taylor Agler adds 8.6 points a game and 3.2 rebounds to go along with her team-leading 56 (4.3) assists.
- As a team, Ohio is averaging 66.8 points a game while allowing opponents to score 65.7 points a game.
- Ohio is shooting .365 from the field, .271 from three-point range and .636 from the free throw line.
- The Bobcats are averaging 31.5 rebounds a game, 11.0 assists per game and 2.1 blocks a game.
- The Bobcats are turning the ball over only 13.2 times a game, while forcing opponents to turn the ball over 24.6 times.
- Ohio is also averaging 13.9 steals a game.
- The Bobcats are currently second in the nation in turnover margin, fourth in turnovers forced and fourth in steals per game and seventh in total steals.
- The Bobcats are also 21st in the nation in fewest turnovers per game.
- In the Nov. 12 opener, four Bobcats made their first ever start as a Bobcat (Katie Barker, Amani Burke, Dominique Doseck and Kendall Jessing), while three others made their college debut (Burris, Cierra Hooks, Alexis Stover)
- On Nov. 16 against Notre Dame, Four Bobcats finished in double-digits and redshirt senior guard Taylor Agler finished with a career-high 10 assists. Meche'la Cobb also made her Bobcat debut.
- Ohio returns one starter from last year's squad, in redshirt senior Taylor Agler.
- On Dec. 10 at Purdue, the Bobcats defeated the Boilermakers for the first time since 1982, and defeated a Big Ten team on the road for the first time since 1994.
- The Bobcats have forced teams to turn the ball over 30-plus times four times this season, and have forced at least 20 turnovers in nine of their 13 games.
- On Dec. 31, Doseck scored a career-high 27 points against Toledo. It was the first time all season that a Bobcat score 20 or more points.
- Doseck was named MAC East Player of the Week on Jan. 2 for her performance the week of Dec. 25.
THE LAST TIME WE SAW OHIO
- Ohio is coming off of an 82-58 loss at Central Michigan on Jan. 3
- Cierra Hooks scored 16 points, going 6-of-14 from the field and 4-of-7 from the free throw line while grabbing six rebounds in 27 minutes.
- Amani Burke scored 13 points, going 4-of-12 from the field, 1-of-5 from three-point range and 4-of-6 from the free throw line.
- As a team, Ohio shot 21-of-61 (.344), 5-of-20 (.238) from three-point range and 11-of-19 (.579) from the free throw line.
- The Bobcats forced CMU into 15 turnovers and scored 15 points off of them. They also dished out six assists, had three blocks and four steals. The Bobcats were also outrebounded 47-28.
- The Bobcats also scored 30 points in the paint, had 29 bench points and four fast break points.
- CMU was led by Tinara Moore with 22 points and 16 rebounds, followed by Presley Hudson with 20, then Cassie Breen with 13 and Reyna Frost with 10 points and 15 boards.
- CMU went 30-of-61 (.492) from the field, 8-of-19 (.421) from three-point range and 14-of-15 (.933) from the free throw line.
IN AKRON'S LAST GAME
- Akron is coming off of a 60-54 loss to Toledo on Jan. 3.
- Leading the Zips was Shaunay Edmonds with 13 points, going 6-of-14 from the field and 1-of-3 from three-point range. She also had six assists and four steals.
- Greta Burry added nine points and five rebounds for Akron, while Haliegh Reinoehl had a team-high 10 rebounds.
- As a team, Akron went 23-of-59 (.390) from the field, 5-of-22 (.227) from beyond the arc and 3-of-4 (.750) from the free throw line.
- The Zips turned the ball over 24 times while forcing Toledo into 22 turnovers. Akron also had 13 steals and 14 assists.
- For Toledo, Jay-Ann Bravo-Harriott had 18 points and Mikaela Boyd added 16 points and 11 rebounds.
- Akron is currently 6-7 overall and 0-2 on the MAC after falling to Toledo 60-54 on Jan. 3
- Leading Akron is Megan Sefcik who is averaging 13.7 points a game. She is shooting .408 from the field, .395 from three-point range and .867 from the free throw line.
- Shaunay Edmonds is averaging 10.8 points a game and is shooting .327 from the field.
- Haliegh Reinoehl is leading Akron in rebounds with 8.2 a game.
- As a team, Akron is averaging 64.3 points a game while allowing opponents to average 61.7 points a game.
- Akron is shooting .371 from the field, .323 from three-point range and .743 from the free throw line.
- Akron is averaging 38.8 rebounds a game and is dishing out 13.5 assists a game.
- Akron is turning the ball over an average of 16.1 times per game, while forcing opponents to turn the ball over 17.4 times a game.
- Akron is averaging 7.8 steals a game and 7.8 blocks a game.
LAST TIME AGAINST AKRON
- Last season, Ohio swept the two-game series against the Zips.
- The last meeting of the year came on March 4 in Athens, where Ohio came away with the 62-48 victory.
- In the game, Quiera Lampkins finished the game with 14 points and grabbing seven rebounds, while Jasmine Weatherspoon added a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Amani Burke also added 11 points for Ohio.
- As a team, Ohio shot .290 from the field, .244 from three-point range and .706 from the free throw line.
- Ohio grabbed 39 rebounds, dished out 13 assists, had three blocks and nine steals while forcing Akron to turn the ball over 22 times and scoring 28 points off of them.
- Akron shot .296 from the field, .222 from three-point range and .800 from the free throw line.
- The Zips were led by Hannah Plybon who had 13 points.
- Akron dished out 11 assists, had three blocks and no steals.
The will return to the road on Wednesday, Jan. 10 when the Bobcats head to Toledo, Ohio to take on the Rockets for the second time in 11 days. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. and can be seen on ESPN3.