ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio women's basketball team (9-7, 3-2) return to the court on Wednesday, Jan. 17 when the Bobcats host Mid-American Conference East nemesis Buffalo (13-3, 4-1 MAC). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. inside the Convocation Center. The game can be seen on ESPN3 where Marty Bannister and Toni Roesch will have the call. If you can't catch it there, Jake Hromada has you covered on WOUB- AM 1340.
Jan. 17, 2018 | Buffalo Bulls (13-3, 4-1 MAC) vs. Ohio Bobcats (8-7, 3-2 MAC) | 7 p.m. ET | Athens, Ohio | Convocation Center | Gametracker |Watch ESPN | Listen Live | Ohio Game Notes | Buffalo Game Notes
A WIN AGAINST BUFFALO WOULD...
- Give Ohio their 18th all-time win against Buffalo.
- Give head coach Bob Boldon his 192nd career win and his 93rd at Ohio.
- Give Ohio its 557th victory in program history and 290th MAC win.
- Move the Bobcats to 10-7 and 4-2 in the MAC.
ALL TIME AGAINST BUFFALO
- Buffalo leads the all-time series against the Bobcats, 20-17.
- The last time the two teams met was on Feb. 22, 2017 in Buffalo where the Bulls came away with the 65-54 victory.
- Last season, the Bobcats and Bulls split the season series, with the home team winning the contests.
- Ohio defeated UB on Jan. 4, 2017, 83-55, in Athens.
- The Bobcats are currently 9-7 overall and 3-2 in the MAC after defeating Western Michigan, 69-54 on Jan. 13.
- Leading Ohio is Amani Burke who is averaging 13.4 points per game.
- Next is Cierra Hooks who is averaging 12.7 points per game and is averaging a team-leading 5.1 rebounds a contest. She is also leading the team in steals with 46 for the season, while also adding 31 assists.
- Burke is averaging 3.6 rebounds per game, and leads the team with 53 free-throws made.
- Dominique Doseck is adding 9.5 points a game and is leading the team with 31 three-pointers made.
- Gabby Burris is slowly climbing her way up the points ladder, averaging 9.3 points per game and 12.0 points per game since MAC play began.
- Taylor Agler adds 9.2 points a game and 3.5 rebounds to go along with her team-leading 65 (4.1) assists.
- As a team, Ohio is averaging 66.6 points a game while allowing opponents to score 65.6 points a game.
- Ohio is shooting .368 from the field, .262 from three-point range and .646 from the free throw line.
- The Bobcats are averaging 32.1 rebounds a game, 10.4 assists per game and 1.9 blocks a game.
- The Bobcats are turning the ball over only 13.9 times a game, while forcing opponents to turn the ball over 24.4 times.
- Ohio is also averaging 13.3 steals a game.
- The Bobcats are currently second in the nation in turnover margin, third in turnovers forced and fifth in steals per game and 10th in total steals.
- The Bobcats are also 30th in the nation in fewest turnovers per game.
- In the Nov. 12 opener, four Bobcats made their first ever start as a Bobcat (Katie Barker, Amani Burke, Dominique Doseck and Kendall Jessing), while three others made their college debut (Burris, Cierra Hooks, Alexis Stover)
- On Nov. 16 against Notre Dame, Four Bobcats finished in double-digits and redshirt senior guard Taylor Agler finished with a career-high 10 assists. Meche'la Cobb also made her Bobcat debut.
- Ohio returns one starter from last year's squad, in redshirt senior Taylor Agler.
- On Dec. 10 at Purdue, the Bobcats defeated the Boilermakers for the first time since 1982, and defeated a Big Ten team on the road for the first time since 1994.
- The Bobcats have forced teams to turn the ball over 30-plus times five times this season, and have forced at least 20 turnovers in 11 of their 16 games.
- On Dec. 31, Doseck scored a career-high 27 points against Toledo. It was the first time all season that a Bobcat score 20 or more points.
- Doseck was named MAC East Player of the Week on Jan. 2 for her performance the week of Dec. 25.
- On Jan. 13, Cierra Hooks scored a career-high 22 points in a win at Western Michigan. She was the second Bobcat this season to score 20-plus points in a game. Hooks scored 15 of her 22 points in the third quarter.
THE LAST TIME WE SAW OHIO
- Ohio is coming off of a 69-54 victory over Western Michigan on Jan. 13 in Kalamazoo.
- Cierra Hooks led all scorers with a career-high 22-points. Hooks went 7-of-9 from the field, 1-of-1 from three-point range and 7-of-8 from the free throw line. She also had six rebounds and two assists.
- Gabby Burris added 12 points, going 4-of-8 from the field, 1-of-4 from three-point range and 3-of-4 from the free throw line.
- Amani Burke contributed 12 points, going 5-of-10 from the field, 2-of-2 from the free throw line and added six rebounds, three assists and two steals.
- Katie Barker grabbed a career-high six rebounds.
- As a team, Ohio was 25-of-52 (.481) from the field, 7-of-21 (.333) from three-point range and 12-of-16 (.750) from the free throw line.
- Ohio out rebounded WMU, 34-25. Ohio also dished out 10 assists and had seven steals. Ohio also forced WMU to turn the ball over 17 times and scored 15 points off of them.
- Ohio also scored 36 points in the paint, 11 second chance points and had 37 bench points.
- Leading WMU was Deja Wimby with 11 points, followed by Breanna Mobley with 10.
- The Broncos went 21-of-49 (.429) from the field, 3-of-13 (.231) from three-point range and 9-of-16 (.563) from the free throw line.
- WMU dished out 15 assists, had six blocks and had 11 steals and forced Ohio to turn the ball over 19 times, scoring 15 points off of them.
IN BUFFALO'S LAST GAME
- Buffalo defeated Ball State, 84-80 on Jan. 13 in Muncie, Ind.
- Leading Buffalo was Cierra Dillard with 20 points, five assists and four steals.
- Cassie Oursler added 16 points and 10 rebounds.
- Summer Hemphill and Katherine Ups both had 13 points for the Bobcats.
- As a team, Buffalo shot .458 from the field, .500 from three-point range and .727 from the free throw line.
- Buffalo grabbed 42 rebounds, dished out 21 assists and forced 23 turnovers and scored 27 points off of them.
- Leading Ball State was Destiny Washington with 17 points, while Moriah Monaco had 11 rebounds and Carmen Grande had 11 assists.
- Ball State shot .444 from the field, .385 from three-point range and .737 from the free throw line.
- Buffalo is currently 13-3 overall and 4-1 in the MAC after defeating Ball State 84-40 on Jan. 13 and are leading the MAC East.
- Leading Buffalo is Cierra Dillard with 13.8 points a game and 6.6 rebounds, followed by Cassie Oursler with 13.4 points a game and 5.8 rebounds a contest.
- Stephanie Reid also averaged 10.1 points a game and leads the team with 92 assists.
- Overall, Buffalo averages 74.5 points per game, while opponents average 63.8 points game.
- The Bulls shot .421 from the field, .328 from three-point range and .669 from the free throw line.
- Buffalo averages 41.4 rebounds a game, 18.9 assists a game and 18.3 turnovers a contest.
LAST TIME AGAINST BUFFALO
- The Bobcats and Bulls last met on Feb. 22, 2017 in Buffalo, where the Bulls took the game, 65-54.
- Quiera Lampkins led all scorers with 22 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.
- Amani Burke added 11 points and five boards for the Bobcats.
- Kelly Karlis finished the game with eight rebounds while Taylor Agler finished with five assists.
- Overall, Ohio shot .308 from the field, .233 from three-point range and .700 from the free throw line.
- The Bobcats grabbed 35 rebounds, dished out 14 assists, had three blocks and four steals.
- Leading Buffalo was Stephanie Reid with 21 points.
- Summer Hemphill finished the game with 15 points and 17 rebounds and JoAnna Smith finished the game with 18 points.
- Overall, Buffalo shot .364 from the field, .308 from three-point range and .840 from the free throw line.
- Buffalo had 45 rebounds, 13 assists, 11 blocks and seven steals.
- Ohio forced Buffalo to turn the ball over 15 times and scored 10 points off of them.
- The Bobcats scored 26 points in the paint.
- The score was tied nine times with the lead changing six times.
The Bobcats will return to action on Saturday, Jan. 20 when the Bobcats head to Bowling Green, Ohio to take on Bowling Green. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. inside the Stroh Center and can be seen on ESPN3.