ATHENS, Ohio– The Ohio women's golf team heads to State College, Pa. this weekend for the 2019 Nittany Lion Invitational Sept. 21-22. The 54-hole event is hosted by Penn State at the 6,322 yard Penn State Blue Course. Par for this year's event is set at 72 with Saturday set for a 9 a.m. shotgun start.
Sept. 21-22 | 2019 Nittany Lion Invitational | All Day | Penn State Blue Course | State College, Pa. | Live Results
*Saturday, Sept. 21 – 9 a.m. shotgun start.
* Sunday, Sept. 22 – 9 a.m. shotgun start.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This year's event will take place at the 6,322 yard Penn State Blue Course in State College, Pa. Par is set at 72.
WHO IS COMPETING
Including Ohio, 11 teams will compete in this year's event; Akron, Bucknell, Georgetown, High Point, Ohio, Penn State, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Navy, Penn and Youngstown will all battle it out for this year's title.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO WOMEN'S GOLF
- After the first few weeks of play, Catherine Loftus sits in fifth place in the MAC with a 76.67 stroke average.
- Avery Ovens, Ashley Flynn and Alicia Porvasnik are also in the top-ten in the MAC in stroke average.
- Ohio finished 16th at last year's Nittany Lion Invitational.
- Catherine Loftus is the only Bobcat competing this weekend that has played in the Nittany Lion Invitational before.
- Maria Howard will make her collegiate debut for the Bobcats this weekend.
After the Nittany Lion Invitational, the Bobcats will head to the Shirley Spork Invitational on Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2019, hosted by Eastern Michigan in Ypsilanti, Mich.