ATHENS, Ohio– The Ohio women's golf team wraps up its fall schedule Oct. 14-15 at the 2019 Flyer Invitational. The 36-hole event is hosted by Dayton at the 5,800-yard NCR Country Club in Kettering, Ohio. Par is set at 70.
Oct. 14- 15 | 2019 Flyer Invitational | Kettering, Ohio. | NCR Country Club | 11 a.m. shotgun start on Monday, 10:30 a.m. shotgun start on Tuesday | Live Results
ABOUT THE COURSE
This year's event will take place at the 5,800-yard NCR Country Club in Kettering, Ohio. Par is set at 70.
WHO IS COMPETING
Including Ohio, 14 teams will compete at this year's event. They are: Butler, Chicago State, Dayton (host), Detroit, Cleveland State, Eastern Illinois, Findley, Illinois State, Northern Kentucky, Ohio Dominican, Ohio State (Individuals Only), Ohio, Tennessee Tech, Valparaiso, Youngstown State
BOBCAT STARTING FIVE
Competing for Ohio in this year's event are:
- Sophomore Alicia Porvasnik
- Sophomore Catherine Loftus
- Redshirt freshman Mallory Lovell
- Freshman Maria Howard
- Junior Ashley Flynn
- Senior Marissa Balish (Individual)
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO WOMEN'S GOLF
- This is the first time since 2016 that the Bobcats have played in the Flyer Invitational. That year, the Bobcats finished in fifth-place.
- Senior Marissa Balish is the only current Bobcat who played in the Flyer Invitational in 2016. Balish finished in 43rdplace with an overall score of 161 (+21).
- Sophomore Catherine Loftus leads Ohio with a 78.00 stroke average through nine rounds this season.
- Redshirt freshman Mallory Lovell, who has played unattached the last few tournaments, is inserted into the Bobcats' lineup for the first time in her career.
The Bobcats have concluded the fall portion of their 2019-20 season. Stay tuned to OhioBobcats.com for their spring slate later this fall.