ATHENS, Ohio– The Ohio soccer team looks to continue its hot start this weekend when they host Robert Morris on Friday, Sept. 13. First touch is set for 4 p.m. at Chessa Field. The Bobcats return to action on Sunday, Sept. 15 when the Bobcats head to Columbus, Ohio to take on Ohio State. First touch is set for 6 p.m. at Bert L. & Iris S. Wolstein Field at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. The game can be seen on BTN+.
Friday, Sept. 13 | vs. Robert Morris | 4 p.m. ET | Chessa Field | Athens, Ohio | Live Stats| Live Audio
Sunday, Sept. 15 | at Ohio State | 6 p.m. ET | Bert L. & Iris S. Wolstein Field at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium | Columbus, Ohio | Live Stats | BTN+
FRIDAY PROMOTION: Free thunder sticks.
LAST TIME OUT
The Bobcats are coming off of a commanding 7-0 victory over Southern Illinois on Sept. 8, with six different Bobcats scoring, including six of seven goals being scored by newcomers, while freshman Heather McGuire (Hamilton, Ohio) registered two goals and two assists for Ohio for six points. With their seven goals in the victory, the Bobcats tied the record for most goals scored in Athens, with the Bobcats scoring seven against Northern Illinois on Oct. 12, 2000.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO SOCCER
- 11 different players have scored goals for Ohio, including Heather McGuire, Olivia Darrow, Alivia Milesky and Maddie Young who have all scored two goals.
- Abby Townsend leads the Bobcats with seven points, scoring one goal and registering five assists.
- Freshman Heather McGuire was named the MAC Co-Offensive Player of the Week for her performance last Sunday.
- The Bobcats lead the MAC in goals (16), shots (85), points (47), goals per game (3.2), assists (15) and assists per game (3.00).
- Ohio ranks 11th in the NCAA in scoring offense and points per game, 10th in saves per game, 18th in total assists, 15th in total goals, 18th in total points and fourth in shots on goal per game. While sophomore Abby Townsend ranks fourth in the nation in assists per game and seventh in total assists.
�� ⚽️��The Bobcats are back in action this weekend and they kick it off on Friday at home against RMU at 4 p.m. @gabegeno13 chatted with @mcguire_15 to talk about her MAC POW honor and her game against SIU. #BleedGreen pic.twitter.com/hyCXTwZRx6— Ohio Soccer (@OhioWSoccer) September 11, 2019
SCOUTING ROBERT MORRIS
Robert Morris comes to town with an overall record of 1-3-1, with a win over Canisius, a tie to Purdue Fort Wayne and losses to Bucknell, Niagara and Howard.
In total, RMU has scored six goals on 60 shot attempts, while opponents have scored eight goals against the Colonials. Leading RMU is Sheridan Reid, who has three goals and six points. In net, Sydney Bruckner leads the way, allowing seven goals and making 34 saves in five games.
SCOUTING OHIO STATE
It is the first time since 2011 that the Bobcats and the Buckeyes will face off in the regular season, with Ohio State holding a 3-1 all-time advantage over the Bobcats. Ohio's only win against the Buckeyes came on Oct. 26, 2000, with the Bobcats downing OSU, 2-1 in Athens.
Currently, Ohio State is 0-4-1, with losses to Louisville, Missouri, Texas A&M and TCU, while tying UCF. Overall, Ohio State has scored five goals on 74 attempts, while allowing 10. Leading the Buckeyes is Kayla Fischer who has one goal and three assists for five points. Marissa Birzon leads OSU with two goals and four points.
The Bobcats conclude non-conference play on Friday, Sept. 20 when they head to Washington, D.C. to take on Georgetown. First touch is set for 4 p.m.