ATHENS, Ohio --The Ohio women's soccer team (5-3-0) opens Mid-American Conference play this weekend on the road. The Bobcats are set to travel to DeKalb, Ill. on Friday, Sept. 27 to take on Northern Illinois (2-4-1) at 7 p.m. Ohio will then head to Kalamazoo, Mich. to face off against Western Michigan (2-5-0) on Sunday, Sept. 29 at 1 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 27 | at Northern Illinois | 7 p.m. ET | NIU Soccer and Track & Field Complex | DeKalb, Ill. | Live Stats | Watch
Sunday, Sept. 29 | at Western Michigan | 1 p.m. ET | WMU Soccer Complex | Kalamazoo, Mich. | Live Stats
LAST TIME OUT
Ohio is coming off of a loss at the hands of 12th-ranked Georgetown last Friday (Sept. 20).
Overall, Georgetown outshot Ohio, 16-4, with 12 of those on goal compared to the Bobcats three. The Hoyas also recorded seven corner kicks compared to Ohio's one.
In net, junior Sydney Malham (Nashville, Tenn.) got the start, allowing seven goals and making five saves in 64 minutes. Sophomore keeper Sam Wexell (Irwin, Pa.) entered the game to play the remaining 25 minutes and did not allow a goal or make a save.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO SOCCER
- 11 different players have scored goals for Ohio, including Alivia Milesky who has three goals, and Heather McGuire, Olivia Darrow and Maddie Young who have all scored two goals.
- Alivia Milesky leads Ohio with three goals, two assists and eight points, while Abby Townsend is next, scoring once while adding five assists.
- Ohio is 12th in the nation in shots on goal per game, 55th in shots per game, 46th in assists per game, 54th in points per game and 59th in scoring offense.
- Ohio is first in the MAC in goals scored (17), shots (126) and points (50).
- Last year the Bobcats defeated NIU, 4-0, and WMU, 2-0, on the same weekend in Athens.
SCOUTING NORTHERN ILLINOIS
Northern Illinois holds a 2-4-1 record, most recently falling to South Dakota State, 3-0.
NIU has given up 16 goals on 124 shot attempts and have scored eight goals on 56 attempts versus their opponents. The Huskies are led by Trudy Quidzinski who has four goals on just nine attempts on goal. Isabella Sabo as well as Quidzinski are co-leaders for assists with one a piece.
SCOUTING WESTERN MICHIGAN
Western Michigan comes into the matchup with a 2-5-0 record and a two-game losing streak, most recently falling to Kansas and Loyola Chicago.
The Broncos have allowed 14 goals on 115 attempts from their opponents. The team is led offensively by Morgan Otteson and Bailey Korhorn who both have two goals each this season. Goalkeeper Maggie Rogers comes into the game with a .786 save percentage in over 450 minutes of play.
The Bobcats return home to Athens next weekend. Ohio opens the weekend on Friday, Oct. 4 at 4 p.m. against Toledo. The Bobcats wrap up action at Chessa on Sunday, Oct. 6 against Bowling Green at 1 p.m.