ATHENS, Ohio—The Ohio soccer team (7-5-0, 2-2-0 MAC) continues Mid-American Conference play this weekend starting on Thursday, Oct. 10 when they head to Akron, Ohio to take on the Zips (5-7-0, 2-2-0 MAC). First touch is set for 7 p.m. at FirstEnergy Stadium - Cub Cadet Field. Ohio will then return to Athens on Sunday, Oct. 13 for the first game of a three-game homestand when they host Buffalo (4-6-1, 1-3-0 MAC). The Bobcats and the Bulls are set to begin at 1 p.m. This year's match between Ohio and Buffalo will serve as the Bobcats' annual Pink Game.
Thursday, Oct. 10 | at Akron | 7 p.m. ET | FirstEnergy Stadium - Cub Cadet Field | Akron, Ohio | Live Stats | Watch
Sunday, Oct. 13 | vs. Buffalo | 1 p.m. ET | Chessa Field | Athens, Ohio | Live Stats | Watch | Admission is Free
SUNDAY PROMOTION: Pink Game
LAST TIME OUT
Ohio is coming off of a 1-1 weekend during MAC play, with a win against Toldeo, 4-0, on Friday, before falling to Bowling Green, 3-1, on Sunday.
LAST TIME AGAINST AKRON AND BUFFALO
Last season, Ohio defeated Toledo on the Last season, Ohio tied Akron at home, 0-0, however defeated Buffalo, 2-1 on the road during the regular season.
SIX THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO SOCCER
- 11 different players have scored goals for Ohio during this season,
- Alivia Milesky leads the way with five goals and three assists for 13 points. Abby Towsend is tied with Milesky in points, scoring three goals and adding seven assists. Maddie Young is second on the Bobcats with four goals, four assists and 12 points.
- Milesky currently has 17 career goals, tying her with her sister Alexis Milesky and Jen Barber for sixth all-time in program history. One more goal would move her into fifth place all by herself.
- Ohio is 20th in the nation in shots on goal per game, 20thin shot accuracy, 33rd in assists per game, 36thin total assists, while Abby Townsendis 17th in the country in total assists.
- Ohio is first in the MAC in goals scored (24) and point (72), second assists (24) and shots (184). Abby Townsendleads the MAC in assists.
- Through 12 games this season, Ohio has scored 24 goals and registered 24 assists. Last season, Ohio scored 24 goals and had 27 assists in 20 total games.
Akron enters the matchup with the Bobcats with a 5-7-0 overall record and an 2-2 mark in MAC play. The Zips are currently on a one-game winning streak which includes a victory against Miami (OH). This season, Akron has scored 11 goals, while allowing 12 goals against. The Zips have also recorded 116 shots, with 52 of them on goal for a .448 shots on goal percentage.
Individually, Ashley Amato leads Akron with three goals and six points, while Sydney Worthy is second on the team with five points, recording two goals and one assist. In net, Libby Parker has seen the most action, playing in 12 games while allowing eight goals and making 20 saves in 847 minutes on the pitch.
Buffalo enters the matchup with the Bobcats with a 4-6-1 overall record and a 1-3 mark in MAC play. The Bulls are currently on a three-game losing streak which includes defeats against Ball State, Miami (OH), and Bowling Green. This season, Buffalo has scored 16 goals, while allowing 13 goals against. The Bulls have also recorded 138 shots, with 67 of them on goal for a .486 shots on goal percentage.
Individually, Marcy Barberic leads Buffalo with three goals, one assist and seven points, while Kaitlyn Walsh is second on the team with five points, recording two goals and one assist. In net, Emily Kelly has seen the most action, playing in 11 games while allowing 13 goals and making 45 saves in 1,011 minutes on the pitch.
Ohio will wrap up the home portion of their schedule next weekend when the Bobcats stay in Athens to take on Central Michigan on Friday, Oct. 18. First touch is set for 4 p.m. at Chessa Field. Ohio will play their regular season home finale on Sunday, Oct. 20 against Eastern Michigan. First touch is set for 1 p.m. and will serve as the Bobcats' Senior Day.