ATHENS, Ohio- The Ohio soccer team (9-6-1, 4-3-1 MAC) hits the road this weekend to continue Mid-American Conference play. The Bobcats kick off the weekend at Miami (3-11-1, 2-5-1 MAC) on Thursday, Oct. 24. First touch is set for 4 p.m. at the Miami Soccer Field. Ohio will then travel to Muncie, Ind. to take on Ball State (12-4-0, 6-2-0 MAC) on Sunday, Oct. 27. The game between the Cardinals and the Bobcats is set to begin at 1 p.m. and will be hosted at Briner Sports Complex.
Thursday, Oct. 24 | vs. Miami | 4 p.m. ET | Miami Soccer Field | Oxford, Ohio | Live Stats
Sunday, Oct. 27 | vs. Ball State | 1 p.m. ET | Briner Sports Complex | Muncie, Ind. | Live Stats | Watch
LAST TIME OUT
Ohio came out of last weekend with two more conference wins under their belt. The Bobcats defeated Central Michigan, 2-1, on Friday, and continued that momentum into Sunday's match, where they were able to celebrate their 1-0 victory over Eastern Michigan on Senior Day.
LAST TIME AGAINST MIAMI AND BALL STATE
Ohio defeated Miami last season 1-0. However, the Bobcats went into double overtime with Ball State, ending the game in a 1-1 tie.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO SOCCER
- 11 different players have scored goals for Ohio during this season,
- Alivia Milesky leads the way with seven goals and five assists for 19 points. Abby Townsend has 14 points, scoring three goals and adding eight assists. Maddie Young is second on the Bobcats with four goals, four assists and 12 points.
- Milesky currently has 19 career goals, passing her sister Alexis Milesky and Jen Barber for fifth all-time in program history.
- Ohio is 21st in the nation in shots on goal per game, 22nd in shot accuracy, 36th in assists per game, tied for 27th in total assists, while Abby Townsend is tied for 18th in the country in total assists.
- Ohio is tied for first in the MAC in goals scored (28), first in points (86), shots (243), and second in assists (30).
- Abby Townsend leads the MAC in assists (8), while Alivia Milesky is fourth in the conference in goals (7).
- Through 16 games this season, Ohio has scored 28 goals and registered 30 assists. Last season, Ohio scored 24 goals and had 27 assists in 20 total games.
Miami enters the matchup against the Bobcats with a 3-11-1 overall record and a 2-5-1 record in MAC play. The RedHawks are currently on a two-game losing streak after falling to Bowling Green and Toledo last weekend. This season, Miami has scored eight goals, while allowing 24 goals against. The RedHawks have recorded 156 shots, with 72 of them on goal for a .462 shots on goal percentage.
Individually, Olivia Winnett leads Miami with three goals, totaling six points. Lyda Bogdanovitch follows with five points, two goals and one assist. In net, Izzie Vaccari has seen the most action, playing in 14 games while allowing 18 goals and making 97 saves in 1,271 minutes on the pitch.
SCOUTING BALL STATE:
Ball State heads into the match against the Bobcats with a 12-4-0 overall record and a 6-2-0 record in MAC play. The Cardinals are currently on a one-game winning streak after defeating Bowling Green, 1-0 in double overtime on Sunday. This season, Ball State has scored 26 goals, while allowing 11 goals against. The Cardinals have recorded 192 shots, with 111 of them on goal for a .458 shots on goal percentage.
Individually, Nicky Potts leads Ball State with six goals and two assists, totaling 14 points. Grace Alsop, Julia Elvbo, and Tatiana Mason all follow with nine points each. In net, Tristin Stutenville has seen the most action, playing in 15 games while allowing 10 goals and making 58 saves in 1,359 minutes on the pitch.
Ohio will play their final regular season match against Kent State on Thursday, Oct. 31. First touch is set for 3 p.m. and will take place at Zoeller Field.