ATHENS, Ohio - The Ohio volleyball team (9-6) will continue Mid-American Conference play this week against Kent State (7-7, 0-2 MAC) and Eastern Michigan (5-9 0-2 MAC). OU will take on KSU on Thursday at 7 p.m. and EMU on Saturday at 5 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 3 | at Kent State | 7 p.m. ET | Kent, Ohio | M.A.C. Center | Live Stats | ESPN3
Saturday, Oct. 5 | at Eastern Michigan | 5 p.m. ET | Ypsilanti, Mich. | EMU Convocation Center | Live Stats | Watch
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Ohio went 1-1 last weekend, taking down Miami 3-1 and falling to Bowling Green, 3-2.
- Junior middle blocker Tia Jimerson (Sugar Hill, Ga.) had a career-high 11 blocks (three solo, eight assisted) in Ohio's four set win over Miami and added 10 kills on 19 swings. Jimerson hit .368 and had 17 total points.
- Junior setter Vera Giacomazzi (San Vendemiano, Italy) is No. 2 in the nation in total assists with 657. Giacomazzi is No. 15 in assists per set with 11.14.
- Senior outside hitter Lizzie Stephens (Dallas, Texas) is only four kills away from a career 1000. Stephens is ranked No. 27 in the nation in service aces with 27.
- Junior libero Macy Reihing (Lexington, Ky.) is No. 43 in the nation in total digs with 263.
SCOUTING KENT STATE
Kent State is 7-7 this season and 0-2 in MAC play after falling to Miami and Bowling Green in three sets. KSU is No. 2 in the nation in digs per set as a team as 19.24 and No. 7 in total digs with 1,039. Erin Garnder is No. 3 in the country in digs per set with 6.04. On offense, KSU is led by Ashley Makruski, who averages 2.62 kills per set. Alex Haffner has dished out 396 assists this season.
Eastern Michigan is 5-9 overall and 0-2 in the MAC after losing to Western Michigan and Northern Illinois. EMU is No. 126 in kills per set as a team in the nation with 12.75. Cassie Haut leads the team in hitting percentage at .326. Franki Strefling is the kills per set leader on EMU with 3.16, while Haut is close behind at 3.14.